MARYLAND Who wants to run???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dame you walked all over it.

made the trip worth it :D

did you get any pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
No pics. Kently was shooting video so there may be a clip floating around in a few days.

Robin, I called it a weekend last night. Once I had fast cat for the IMBPA I swapped motors and went for the P(4S) record. Unfortunatley I had a bad cell in a brand new pack plus the boat was hesitating during the runs. I think that may have been due to a wet reciever. I had a couple passes over the record but decided to bring it in rather than hurt anything. There is always next year. I did find out last night I had a 95 pass on the Q set up! Is there more in her? We shall see next spring.

ran the cheetah today :D fliped first run :eek:

ran the 447 and temps all good, gps did not read :( then tryed the m545 and it ran 56mph.

and on the 3rd pass it started to hesitate for a second or two then take off pulled it in and the temps

motor 100 batterys 140 esc caps 138 pulled the esc and the board was 100 and the caps where still 125 did not get a reading for the bullets heat

and i found that the heat srink on the motor wires had moved about 5/16 back (all 3) so im not shur if they had hit each other or not

will a 5 cap bank help with the heat in the caps?? carl did add two big caps to the stock esc.

who sells good heatsrink?? this was the marine stuff from west marine that i use on my jet boat

Don looks like you had a good day,as for the heat in the boat it might be better if you prop down one size but increase pitch. Chili and Carl can give you some other pointers in this area too. Based on what you ran today i would try a 450 with a back cut and pitched up. I have one on a spare boat you can try.

yes it was a good time had 3 hrs there and with my son :D

that would be nice as thats what Mark said to run. :)

if im looking at this right the

545 is smaller then the 450and has more pitch and the back cut would be lighter and less surface

x447 = 1.85 dia 2.590 pitch ran good with 5000 40c

x545 = 1.77 dia 2.655 pitch i ran 5000 65c

x450 = 1.97 dia 2.758 pitch

i do have a 448 back cut to try next 448bc = 1.90 / 2.660

hope to try again monday if i can get the heat srink fixed and batterys charged :)

Radio shack has heat shrink tubing in various sizes in a package about 5 bucks, you just need a hair dryer to shrink it down. What time are you going? That x448 might be the trick, stick it on and run it 6 full hot laps then bring it in and check the temps.you should be running a tad faster around 53mph.

bsmtboy2 you going to be around thu/fri ??

im thinking of going to the pond to do some more testing

The Baltimore club will be running this weekend at the Columbia pond. I'm sure Charles will give you the details when he logs on.

Don E, the club is hosting its test and tune weekend this weekend at the Columbia,Md. pond behind Apple Ford dealership. We will start at 10am and go until on both saturday and sunday. Bring your boats and also bring your registration for the district race, looking forward to seeing you there!!!!

In Columbia we park in the office building lot in front of the lake,just don't park on the curb towards the lake,the security guard will make you move your vehicle. We can pit on the sidewalk or grass as needed

Great day at the tune up lake. Thanks to all who came out and ran or was just there to help out. The district race should be a very competitive one, I saw a lot of fast new boats today. The electric guys put on a show today........WOW! The 2 new guys are gonna do well in stock gas they are dialed in and ready.

Back