MAC on OS Lower unit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theringwah2002

Hi Guys,

I have a spare MAC powerhead lying around and would like to run it on my OS powered TS2.

Can someone describe and or supply pics of the process to mount the MAC outbord powerhead on my OS lower unit?

Merry Xmas to All

Mark Johnston

B)

You are going to need access to a lathe and mill. The os pto will fit the mac after some machining mods to it and a shim. BTW that parts alone for the os pto is around $100. That is getting them from tower.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be alot easier milling down the top mount plate on the existing os lower unit then bolting a new one with the MAC pattern to the top of it. its been done, and a fair amount cheaper than the other route since the MAC already has a good pto.

~James

It took me about fifteen minutes with my lathe and mill to make the modifications to the OS pto. It was so easy.

James

Your way would defeat what we are trying to do. We want to be able to swap power heads and run 2 classes.

A lot cheaper than the 2 boat setup. Oh yeah, less space taken up in the trailer too.

Bob

So did your put in a shim when you did yours? I did on mine. Was not sure with all the end play on the PTO that it would be OK.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
James, machining the lower would be fine if you never wanted to run the OS power head again. In NAMBA we have a stock class that does not allow any modifications to the motor. By doing a little machine work on $100 worth of OS parts we can run the same boat in NAMBA stock and then with a simple 5 bolts swap to the MAC and run Mod. I even found that I can use the same prop all I do is raise the mount a bit for the MAC. The MAC with pipe actually is a tiny less weight than the OS with muffler. But if the goal is to just mount the MAC on an OS lower it would be much cheaper to work the lower to fit the MAC.

Latest posts

Back