mac 2.5/.12 pipe length?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClayGlover

to save time, im hoping someone can give me a pipe length to start with (plug to pipe's max diameter thru center of pipe). it's a rear exhaust mugen/nr .12 with an associated header and a mac #1110 2.5 pipe. maybe i'll get lucky and get a suggestion :)

With that pipe on my NR, I am running it at 8-1/2". It runs kind of sluggish until it gets on the pipe, then hang onto your hat! I set up my RE Fantom .12 with the length but haven't had it on the water enough to get it up to speed.

clay,

be sure to let us know how the Mugen works!

i almost went for one, got the Sirio Outlaw instead......im using a MAC pipe as well.

Joe

ron,

i appreciate the info. in your above description, what prop was that you were running, the V937 / 3?

just so i hopefully can get close with one pipe mount hole in the hull, that 8 1/2" measurement is from the center of the cylinder thru the center of pipe to the rearmost of the widest point of the pipes belly? lol, no weld line makes it a lil tricky. thanks for your help

As a matter of fact, yes, I did have the V937/3 on it at the time and that's where I took the measurement at. If you place your pipe mount on the stinger, it can give you a little flexibility for your length. You might want to go maybe 1/4" shorter to get it on the pipe quicker. I like this length because I like hearing it come on the pipe, a sound that I don't get with my other boats. It's like cruising along then sticking your foot ot the floor of a 4 barrel carb.

Hey Ron,

In looking at the trinity engines at Tower Hobbies, which Novarossi are you running?

Don

If I can get my boat running good with the OS TR, I sure would like to try this one. The specs look great but most of all I just like the looks! 8) The description says threaded but the picture shows SG crank. My biggest problem with this engine is how to get it past the wife! ;D

I used to get a lot of stuff delivered to work. I worked in shipping so I was always there when the Big Brown showed up. Now that I'm on 3-11 and the wife is on Days, it's a lot easier to get things delivered at home. Going back to 7-3 in another week.

Don I was shoppin Ebay and Tower last nite, lotsa good prices, wound up order'n another Trinity/Picco .12,

Gene ;D

Back