lustrekote paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mark james

hello all.

looking for feedback on lustrekote paint.

I am ready to paint my 3.5 tunnel boat and was wondering if anybody has used lustrekote and how they liked it.

It should not get fuel on it .since its a outboard?

(the hull is gelcoat but was sanded to take the gloss off).

thanks for any input

mark

I've used it on several boats with good results. Another one that I highly recommend is Formula-U, it has a better gloss than the Lustercote but has to be put on in light coats. Right now I am trying some Krylon epoxy enamel made for appliances that I got from Meijer's at $3.49 a can.

hello ron.

thanks for the info.I think I will prob.use automotive paint just to sure the fuel wont mess up the paint.

formula-u works well also,i have used iit before but I would like to shoot the paint with my spray gun.

thanks for the input.

p.s did you sign up for the nats yet?

I think that the Fomula-U is available in a can.

I'll be there but I won't be racing, Eric wants to run his "B" mono though. I thought that I'd be better off working there in whatever place that I'm needed.

ok ron,

by the way,

we need to get the word out for those that are going to race at the nats ,to get there enteries in early if they can.

cant wait!! see ya there

mark (f.m.b.c)

Because of my shop situation I have used Lustercote on all of my boats, wood and glass. The paint has gone on well and has given a nice finish. Most of them were painted outside. It is fuel proof to a degree. Not sure, but the higher percentage fuels will get to it. I use 60%. On several boats I had a car shop shoot 2 part clear coat over the Lustercoat and the boats came out looking really good and were impervious to all fuels.

For what its' worth. Ray Ackenhausen Sr.

hey ray,thanks for the input.

I will spray a good clear coat over it ,if I use the lustrekote.

Now if I could only figure out what color I want ,I could get it done!!

thanks for your repley

mark

Back