LSO build (HiTech Marine)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weil0127

I started on my LSO boat this week. It was a lot of fun but there were some interesting curve balls thrown during the beginning of this build. The first and biggest on was the rails in the boat. They were 3 inches apart but where not centered in the boat. You can really see this in the top view of the boat. It made it really hard to make a motor mount when things are not strait. It might look a little goofy but that is what we had to do to make the motor centered on the mount. When we went to install the rudder we wanted line it up with the rail but since they are so off centered we just mounted it as close to where whey should have been. We also made a stand from JRS innovations that holds the boat well and makes a great platform to work on.

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0462.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The hatch for the boat was really light and didnt have a lot of strength so I put on a health dose of epoxy, which help out a lot.

DSCN0472.jpg

Here is a pic of the hardware and how we mounted it. Speedmaster quilty is great and I know it will last.

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

The motor mount was CNC cut and came out nice. We put four mounting holes and four to let air into the motor. It does look a little funky because the rails are off center but it all worked out fin.

DSCN0478.jpg

We made a rail for the epoxy to go and secure the brass tubing. I have put some on there and in the motor mount next. So keep checking back.

DSCN0477.jpg

Here is the motor mount now that it is epoxyed and glassed in. This thing is going no where. I also put micro ballons/epoxy in the tray for the drive shaft. If my boat ever get hit upside down the other boat will be in pieces. This is so strong and will hold up for years of racing. :lol:

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0481.jpg

DSCN0483.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

I also will use a piece of brass tubing to attach my rubber boot too. Here is what it looks like before the boot.

DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

I got all the parts I need to finish the boat so here is what I did. First I installed the mount for the rudder servo. I used a JRS Innovations servo mount. It only weighs .8 of an ounce and is very strong. I used CA and two screws to hold it down to the rails for the drive shaft. I also installed the boots to keep all the water out of the hull. I filled the copper tube and rubber seals with grease to lubericate the pushrod and keep out water if they get cut during a race. Second I made the mount for the speed control. It is 2" by 3" and fits it perfectly, and even has a little room for adjusting.

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

I then installed the pushrod and it was easy with no bends. I used a 4-40 which is over kill but I will never have to worry about it breaking or bending. It is finally time to put the batteries in. I ordered 6 Turnigys for 1 cent shipping! It is a little tight but they will work great. I plugged everything in and it works great. Now all I have to do is wait till the lakes turn back into water. :blink:

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0582.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

Back