Looking for replacement stringers.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BB Mods's

Iv called seaducer with no luck (left messages slowly as i was asked)

Its getting down to must have time, if some one has the factory template or a set of spares please let me know, Mine have come unlaminated and im hurting to get the boat back in action.

Iv called seaducer with no luck (left messages slowly as i was asked)
Its getting down to must have time, if some one has the factory template or a set of spares please let me know, Mine have come and im hurting to get the boat back in action.
Can you cut the stringer out ? Or do you have to cut the deck apart to get at the stringers. If they are delaminated Im sure you should have enough of the stringer to trace out a template.

There badly broken to bits, the entire motor section is rotten, and the radio box area is shot, Iv got all of the wood out, but nothing to trace.

should be easy to make new ones since they are rotten.

Clean the inside of the hull 1st get all of the fuel oils out using Acetone.

Use caution when using Acetone Or laquer thinner. Wear safety goggles /mask rubber gloves/face mask.

Stay away from any heat source when cleaning this stuff is flammable.

This will clean the inside of your hull the best that I know how.

If there is any oil where you glass the new stringers will not adhere to the hull.

Pour a little in and using a acid brush work the thinner into the tight spots and clean the hull .

The acetone will evaporate pretty fast so you might want to clean the hull a couple of times.

Allow the solvent to evaporate then wash the inside of the hull with soap and water and let dry.

Start grinding all of the fiberglass that was holding the stringers flush with the bottom be carefull not to grind thru the hull.

go to your local hobbyshop and get 5ply 1/4 aircraft plywood if they don't carry the plywood you can use exterior 1/4 plywood from home depot. It just does not look as nice but will be plenty strong.

You can cut the plywood into 2 1-1/2 wide strips and leave them a little long and do a test fit if the stringers are to high just cut them down.

After you cut the stringer I would give the stringer a layer of fiberglass cloth before you install them.

There are two ways you can go now you could glass the stringers in and realign the stuffing tube. Or tac glue the stringer in and try to align everything to get back in alignment.

This should put you back on the water in a couple of evenings of work.

hope this Helps

Breck

You can use a piece of cardboard to mock up a stringer pattern. I personally would use a piece of high density foam with a couple layers of 6oz CF vacuum bagged on either side. Don't forget to taper the bottom side to match the hull. Drop me a PM, I have a 45 SD3 and I will try to make copies of the stringers today.

Latest posts

Back