looking for hobby shops/ nitro fuel suppliers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys,

I have a friend who will be travelling to virginia beach and he is wondering about a hobby shop that sells boat supplies or more specifically somewhere to buy fuel in the state of virginia.

He will be in or near the following Cities .Forgive the spelling

Dullas

Ashburn

Norfolk

Thanks

Terry

hey terry in chesapeake theres a debbies rc world..they sell sig boat fuel 45 and 55%..and in virginia beach theres a hobbytown that sells odonnel 30%..i live in virginia beach,and chesapeake is about 5 minutes from me and 10 from norfolk

hey terry in chesapeake theres a debbies rc world..they sell sig boat fuel 45 and 55%..and in virginia beach theres a hobbytown that sells odonnel 30%..i live in virginia beach,and chesapeake is about 5 minutes from me and 10 from norfolk
Debies is a great shop! Hey, that orange paint on that rigger looks familiar. Too bad it rains every boating weekend in Chesapeake.

i live west of dc. very hard to find "boat" fuel in dulles or ashburn area. i've had to run norvel fuel until i finally started adding castor to airplane or car fuel. high nitro and 18 to 20% oil fuel just doesn't exist around here,IMHO :( . but, i have found a lhs that is willing to order what i want, and not make me buy the whole case :D . not that it helps you, but it will me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i live west of dc. very hard to find "boat" fuel in dulles or ashburn area. i've had to run norvel fuel until i finally started adding castor to airplane or car fuel. high nitro and 18 to 20% oil fuel just doesn't exist around here,IMHO :( . but, i have found a lhs that is willing to order what i want, and not make me buy the whole case :D . not that it helps you, but it will me.
I used to live in Fairfax. Try Hobby Hanger, they're close to Dulles airport & a fairly good sized store with some pretty decent people at least they were 4 years ago. B)

I used to live in Fairfax. Try Hobby Hanger, they're close to Dulles airport & a fairly good sized store with some pretty decent people at least they were 4 years ago. B)

I just ask HH to buy some boat fuel last week. I think they ordered some high nitro.. was either 55 or 65%.

I just ask HH to buy some boat fuel last week. I think they ordered some high nitro.. was either 55 or 65%.
I like the "Steve Spear" thing. Is this an honest missprint, or are you in the witness protection program now?

Dick

i was in hobby hanger friday. they DO have 60% in stock. o'donnell's i think.

I like the "Steve Spear" thing. Is this an honest missprint, or are you in the witness protection program now?

Dick

Not a missprint. not the Steve you think I am.

Back