LIVE Chat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprfrk440

Hey everyone,

I have been working on this for a month or so and I think it is finally ready to test and see what happens.

The Live Chat will be located on the Me Time site. You must be a registered member to participate in the chat to make it more secure and, you know who you are talking with. There is no fee to become a registered member or to use the chat feature.

There are only a handful of rooms available right now, if you would like me to add a room just post here and if it is boating related it will be added. There is a general dis. room for all the other stuff.

You must log in successfully before the chat option is available. Once you log in the LIVE Chat tab will appear at the top of the site located on the far right.

Me Time

Below are some of the features the chat has, my favorite one allows you to keep the chat in a smaller window and close our site out and allows you to surf forums or whatever and still chat.

How to use live chat

My Settings: Three options that allow you to modify incoming new messages.

Under my status you can change whether you are active online or away.

Changing your Avatar, you can use an existing avatar or link to your personal picture.

Selecting a Room: More rooms will be available soon, click arrow beside select room and room options will appear.

Live Chat in seperate window: This feature allows you to surf the internet without leaving the chat.

ex. You will be able to surf IW, The Boat Dock, and other forums while still chatting.

Look to the right of select a room, you will see two small boxes one over the other, click this icon and the chat will open into a seperate window. At this point you can close out Me Time website and the chat will stay in the new window created allowing you to surf the net while still being able to chat live. We have placed three of the main forums that our users log onto. if you would like us to add a forum just contact us and we will place it on the site.

Adding Rooms: This must be done by us, if there is a room you would like to add please contact us and we will add if appropriate to the site.

Personal Messaging (PM): This allows you to PM a user without allowing everyone to see message. Double click on user you would like to PM and choose option and write message. Your PM message will appear directly to the right of the room name you are in.

Happy Chatting,

Doug

Me Time Live

Doug, are you going to schedule any chat times so that we would possibly know better when somebody would be in there? I'm a late-nighter so I do most of my surfing late nights or during the late morning to early afternoon hours.

Doug, are you going to schedule any chat times so that we would possibly know better when somebody would be in there? I'm a late-nighter so I do most of my surfing late nights or during the late morning to early afternoon hours.
Ron, I am hoping that this will catch on and there will be people in there all the time, but to answer your question, I will not be scheduling anyone in the chat unless we have a guest on the friday night shows that will be on answering questions.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug, I went in last night after posting the above reply and found out that AOL isn't friendly with the site but I knew that before from watching live webcasts so I switched over to IE8 and then no problem. Just a heads-up for any AOL users in here.

I need to resubsribe here really soon but don't know when my membership is up. I can either pay you at Hobart or send you money ahead of time. This way my wife can keep an eye on me and the kid or watch me make a fool out of myself!

Looks like you expire on the 27th of this month.

You can do paypal thru the site or pay at Hobart if that's better for you.

Thanks for the heads up on the AOL, not sure why it's not liking the site? ? ?

Eerie/weird Doug as I was just going into the chatroom when this e-mail notification came in!

As I was trying to access the room through Almost OnLine a little box dropped down saying AJAXPRO ERROR if that tells you anything. It's the first time that I have seen that so I refreshed to view it again.

One other time I had to use IE7 instead of IE8 to watch the feed. I found out by accidet that anyone can switch between the two but couldn't tell you how I did it though. You'd probably need to have IE8 installed to do that.

I'll see you at Hobart with cash in hand, my preferred way of paying, that's accepted anywhere! :)

Latest posts

Back