lier

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller states he does not know alot about these motors.. My only thought is this motor did not come with the red carb from the factory..

Mark...

I agree with Oscar. The lie may not be intentional but he does state the parts that are missing. Perhaps the "like new" statement is to just get your attention!

Snowdog racing: Things that make you go hmmm.

No, it's the model number #8907.. He has the older, short skeg being sold. The 8907 comes with a longer skeg..

What do I win????? LOL

Naw... I was thinking of a 3.5 SS ;)

But I'll just take another useless posting to get the numbers up ;D

Mark....

MORE EBAY TAILS.

Maybe the guy doesnt know, Maybe he does, Maybe dont bid on it, Maybe buy it.

Maybe he has a 200MPH Boat for sale with the motors.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

maybe if i needed a 3.5 i would bid.

NT

Hi Guy's

Number of lies -

Definitely not an 8907 - even all later 8906s had the longer skeg.

This is a real early model. Other clues - no reinforcing web on the crankcase, no reinforced exhaust outlet, Thin head button (short reach plugs), non-machined watercooled jacket. Got to be a 12mm crank motor and I would say based on my experience probably a motor from the late 70s, maybe early 80s, real old anyway.

Oh yeah and no K&B 3.5 came from the factory with a red carb.

It's hard enough to get parts for the later motors there would be no chance for this dinosaur. I agree another Ebay con-artist at work.

GT > :(

Yup GT sais it all. Probably engine number 8382/8383

I have a reassonable amount of outboards (with mostly different engine numbers) at the moment and I'm planning to put them on my website with the difference between them. With of course pictures of this.

Would that be interesting for some of you guy's?

Oscar,

Sure, sounds good and with a guided tour, we'll call it;

[glow=red,2,300]Oscar's K&B Outboard Museum[/glow]

What do you think?

Snowdog

how about Oscars Obscene Old Obsolete Outboard House

or

[move]OOOOOH! [/move]

for short ;D

Oscar...that would be helpful to a bunch of people.

It would also be helpful if you could give the approx. manufacture dates of the various engines.

Seriously now Oscar,

I think that would be a great idea. I echo PJ...would be a great help for many people.

Snowdog

Keep them coming! It will be rcboats.nl (as is my url of course) but if you guy's tell me a really good one ;D

Ok but I will need help. I know you guys know a awwfull lot more then I do about K&B's.

For start It would be very helpfull if you guy's could e mail me scanned versions of your ob's mauals.partslists. (I've 8907 and 8382 ;) )

Back