Hooking? In turns

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Brady

Hello,I am running a Woodstuff hull,electric 4 cell. It ran fine before so I think I need to undo some work I did to the hull. I wetsanded with a block the hull bottom. It was pretty thick with clearcoat so I was able to get nice sharp edges, The problem I have now is when I set it into the turn it hooks real easy. I read a different post where it was talking about this and it may not be hooking but the transom comming out of the water and the motor pushing the back of the boat around? I was wondering if I dulled the inside sponson edge by where it starts to curve up,if that would loosen it up a little? The post said that the sponson inside is like a turnfin. Seeing if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

Mark Scott and Jerry Dunlap are two I would contact. Jerry actually designed these type of hulls for Dumas Products a while back so it's a given that he knows what he's doing with them

Hi Jack, hope you are well...

you loosened the boat up!

I would try to tune it out. (did it run nice as a Nitro boat and you converted it?)

If so what lower unit are you using and prop..

Many questions...

Grim

Hydro Junkie
He said it was a Woodstuff hull built by Mike Crawford and that is the one I would contact.

Dave Roach

Yes it is a woodstuff. I am using a OS lower and a M445 2 blade prop.On calm water I can hold it close to wide open and ease it through the turn. If I let up a little going in and try to run a tight line it will hook or spin very easily. I have never ran this hull nitro,but it has ran electric.I am using a Savox sw-0231mg servo.Doing good Grim. We miss you at our races! To tighten the boat up would I try to raise the motor so the hull sits closer to the water,or maybe run more positive angle? I have tried these kind of things,but maybe making too small of a adjustment to really tell if it was helping. Have not had very many runs on it yet,trying to get ideas for next time out.

Does the boat have the front recovery pads(stumble blocks)? From my experience setting up a G30 with an O.S. 20 and a G30 as a P Limited Tunnel, the setups were very different.
JD

One thing to note. On a FE boat. When you lift of the throttle the motor will not free wheel.. it will slow down and in some cases stop. This can act like a break.. very short deceleration. Not like a glow motor at all.

One thing to note. On a FE boat. When you lift of the throttle the motor will not free wheel.. it will slow down and in some cases stop. This can act like a break.. very short deceleration. Not like a glow motor at all.
Check to make sure there is no brake programmed. It does the same thing as Mike mentioned.
Mike

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check into the brake settings and try some throttle expo and go from there.

Latest posts

Back