Hello! New member from Tasmania, Australia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam Hickey

Hi Guys, new to RC boats, I have been into aeroplanes for a couple of years. Looking forward to learning about and discussing boats. My particular interests lie with hydroplanes, especially the more vintage round nose types. I have just built a boat with some aero parts I had lying around (pictured), but my first real boat is a tiny Aquacraft GP-1.
Can't wait to build my first "proper" hydroplane. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_154515.jpg
    IMG_20221022_154515.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Welcome Liam - I live in a regional town in South East Queensland that has a thriving model aeroplane club. When I purchased an aquacraft vs1 tunnel hull rc boat with a Thunder Tiger outboard I arranged to meet the Club President, a golfing mate, at the airfield so that he could run me through starting and running a nitro engine.
I arrived early and set the boat up on one of the undercover work tables next to the airfield. A member arrived, unloaded his plane and upon approaching me he gestured at the boat and said "that thing will never fly as the wings aren't wide enough and the propellor is too small". Laughs all around and then some small talk.
The next member to arrive walked over to us and the first thing he said was "that thing will never fly as the wings won't give enough lift and the propellor is too small". More laughs all around.
To cut a long story short I think it was about the fourth or fifth member that arrived and was rudely interrupted before he could speak by all of us saying in unison "Yes the thing wont won't fly because the wings and propellor are too small". Lots and lots of laughs.
Rc boaters and Rc flyers are not all that different.
Gary

Welcome Liam - I live in a regional town in South East Queensland that has a thriving model aeroplane club. When I purchased an aquacraft vs1 tunnel hull rc boat with a Thunder Tiger outboard I arranged to meet the Club President, a golfing mate, at the airfield so that he could run me through starting and running a nitro engine.
I arrived early and set the boat up on one of the undercover work tables next to the airfield. A member arrived, unloaded his plane and upon approaching me he gestured at the boat and said "that thing will never fly as the wings aren't wide enough and the propellor is too small". Laughs all around and then some small talk.
The next member to arrive walked over to us and the first thing he said was "that thing will never fly as the wings won't give enough lift and the propellor is too small". More laughs all around.
To cut a long story short I think it was about the fourth or fifth member that arrived and was rudely interrupted before he could speak by all of us saying in unison "Yes the thing wont won't fly because the wings and propellor are too small". Lots and lots of laughs.
Rc boaters and Rc flyers are not all that different.
Gary
Hah! That's a good one 😂. I had a giggle. Cheers Gary!

Latest posts

Back