LF, inquiring... Klasskote painter.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Larson

I need a person to shoot a pair of sponsons, and a cowl for my Blackbird... Larry Conrad did an exceptional job on the original, and, I'd like this emergency set done. Flourescent yellow/clear over. Bugging Larry, cant be done right now....

Interested, and a price..... LMK, thanks.... Mike

mike,

if you can find out what yellow it is let me know i can shoot them for ya.. but i don't know if the color you have is a powder paint or from klass cote

chris

Mike

The Flourescent yellow is that House of Kolors and if so I can paint them for you.Have it in stock.

If you can send me a picture of the ones that are painted would be great.

Email address is

[email protected]

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris and Dave.... Larry is almost offline... but, i know he did mix powder,with KK clear.... and I thought HOC, he'll call, surely if he sees this..... White base, and so on..... i'm serious impressed with what he did, as, it has taken the nitro puking all over it and wipes down upon clean up great..... this is my spare set.

Chris, I can hand them back over at the race if youre able..... I'm sure youre thrashing to get ready as I am....

Dave, I'll see chris, and still possibly get the info, having the material, works..... wife'll do pics after Mendota. Since all 3 parts will be the color on the boat, anyway, tint, as long as it's flo yellow will work....... thanks for standing up and i'll be in touch. Man, I need a compressor. stone age. Mike

run down to frenches and have them put the paint in aerosol cans. Its the same 2 part paint that any of these guys would spray on it. Plus, do you really want Chris touching your boat again??? I think he liked it a little too much..... :D

rod, I went that route, with the auto paint store ( forget)...... while the base, held up, until, the nitro ate through the clear, they sell in a pierceable 2 part can....... (sport 20).... Borgenson's.... uh huh. Seen my Jae?.... apparantly I'm going to have to attempt a compressor and all that nice apparatus, if i dont like melted hulls...... I had Sign Pro's booth do a few years ago, and like everything else, and everybody else, the cost didnt equal the odds. youre always one crash away....... rustoleum?.... Mike

Mike

You have a PM

I use house of kolors and PPG 2021 clear and never had a problem with fuel eating the clear.

Dave Roach

rod, I went that route, with the auto paint store ( forget)...... while the base, held up, until, the nitro ate through the clear, they sell in a pierceable 2 part can....... (sport 20).... Borgenson's.... uh huh. Seen my Jae?.... apparantly I'm going to have to attempt a compressor and all that nice apparatus, if i dont like melted hulls...... I had Sign Pro's booth do a few years ago, and like everything else, and everybody else, the cost didnt equal the odds. youre always one crash away....... rustoleum?.... Mike
if you want to do it your self in rattle cans heres a nitro proof 2 part clear in a rattle can.

Back