Kookie Question #3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookieMan

'Nother 2 newbie questions....thanks 4 helpin' everyone.

---------------------------------------------

My Engine/Boat uses an outboard Dynamite Paris-Dished 12SP pull start on a tunnel hull LaserLine by ABC Hobby.

#1) How do you prevent the propeller spray from shooting back up into your carb? Got it in the pond (it looked SAWEEET!!)and then  I got some h2O into my carb and killed the engine. This has happened the 3 times i've had it out. Do I buy a dirt/moisture filter (used on car carbs)? Suggestions??? ???

#2) My throttle control (pardon my poor explaination) is a push rod that uses a steel cable. It is glued to the control box and then to a swing arm on the engine mount (again, I'm sorry for the bad explaination) The rod/cable isn't really flexible and when I move the engine Right or Left, the push rod gets pulled tight or get's really bent....it effects my throttle, not too seriously but enough so that when I get the engine tuned this will make a huge difference. The problem is that I need the flexability to be able to turn my engine full right/left. Is there a better way to control your throttle??? Do i need a better push rod system?

Thanks, again, everyone for the help...... (NAKED & WET / AAAAHHHH!!! <engine problems> postings)

:) ;D :) ;D :) :)

N&W,

One possible solution for the prop wash getting into the carb would be to fabricate some type of shield(shaped like an over sized cavitation plate) and attach it to the lower unit. You could make it from thin sheet aluminum or even 1/16" plywood.

I would recommend replacing the existing throttle cable with something more flexable. Sullivan Gold-N-Cable#508 works well for throttle cable linkage.

Jerry Dunlap

Back