KEPS T3 first race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed a 2nd place, my fault though, got excited and cut a bouy in 3rd heat. Performed awesome though, just need to find the turn fin happy spot, it walks up on the fin a bit, no biggie though, a little rudder settles it back down. The Niklas advises cutting back on the throttle entering the turn but no matter how much I tell myself I should do that, just not in my DNA, 4 straight heats wide open from the beach until I cross the finish line. Have it trimmed close to perfection and flies perfectly and even in the turns WO, holds its line and if need be I can dive into lane 1 and hold the bouy line. Really happy with the T3, wicked fast, stable, flies like a bullet and will be a winner if I just quit doing stupid stuff!

image.jpeg

Sounds good Greg,

If it wants to lift the right sponson its not the position front/back that is the issue (if that is what you mean with "happy spot"). Its the total fin angle that is pointing upwards, or it needs to be more sharp, or a combination of booth. The two bends are parallel I hope!?

I normally take a steel ruler and a sharpie and slide it on the inside of the fin until it aligns with the first bend perfectly and then draw a line there. That makes it much easier to see if the fin is pointing upwards/downwards etc.

Regarding positioning of the fin forward/rearward there is no advantages in having it more forward then the TE to be at the CG without fuel. That means the CG is "in" the fin with fuel. If its more forward than that it can easily start "darting" on the straights and it also wants to keep steering out of the corners. Booth are not wanted if you ask me
default_smile.png

Note also that its quite effective in the turns and you will need relative little rudder throw as a correct set-up T3 doesnt slide much in the turns (almost no fin rooster). If you see an visible fin spray/rooster from a T3 fin - then you have done something "wrong"
default_wink.png

I believe I have it in the right spot front to back, it doesn't dart or over turn at all, no unruly things going on at all, between morning testing and heat one I slotted the bolt holes in the fin so that the fin nose was down a bit and which would apply some more down pressure and it helped some, think I just need to go a bit further. I'll check those things you suggest as well. Not far off though, this thing is a rocket with no unruly habits and it was like this right in its first run.

All smiles here.

Yes watching Greg's boat yesterday was great! It turns and flys almost perfectly! He has a few small adjustments tp make and it is going to be winner ( except for stupid thumbs )!! It was a good runner rite off the bench and is going to great! Going to get interesting as there are 3 more coming to play soon and that's not counting mine because I don't drive as good as well as the others.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back