K90 KINGCRAFT in JAPAN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! One more thing. Might as well make the fins 3mm stainless. The extra 0.5mm wont hurt.

Hammer

Hammer,

ill see what i can do, we are having great problems trying to get the fins made, the person that makes our hardware cant do the stainless ones as he dosent have the equipment to cut it,

ill have to try my misses' brother and see if he can do them, he is doing the stainless on the trim plates for us.

ill let you know

Dale

Hey Dale! Don't sweat the fins. If the guys who buy them complain, Shimizu said, he will make stainless ones for them. The longer bracket will be better. Maybe add a shear pin on the big one. Go ahead and send the same fins you did last time. Mr. Shimizu is making 3mm stainless for me now. He is also making a new bracket. He will copy the one that is on there but make it about a centimeter longer.

Don't change the trim tabs though. They are awesome the way they are.

Hammer

Ok we will go bigger on the bracket and i will supply some brass shear pins, can they fit them after they get the fins set??

also can you measure your trim plates and email me the sizes so we get them the same as yours???

Dale

Hey Dale. Do you just need the measurements for the stainless part of the tabs? Let me know what you need, and I will mail them tonight.

We can fit the shear pins

thanks Hammer

Hammer,

just the width/height/and the height of the bit that bolts to the back of the boat, and also the thickness if you have verniers!

need to give the measurments to the misses' brother to get them made! as the hardware maker is out of stock!!

Dale

Hammer,

Im back!!! im racing x mono at the nats at christmas time, got a lend of my old boat from the bloke i sold it to, hopefully it will still run 105+!!

any lock with the measurments, i need to give them to pete to make these plates!!

Dale

Hey Dale! Sorry! I have to take them off to get a good measurement. I didn't get home from work until about 1:30 in the morning. I will get them to you tonight.

Homepage looks good! Does this mean I'm famous now? : :)

I will send you some more recent pics to replace those that you have on your page. It is set up a lot differently now. It's pipe is much lower,ect.

Get back to you tonight. I will measure them at lunch time today while I'm getting the Kingcraft ready for it's winter vacation. Good Luck at the Nats. They are just around the corner. No hurry on the prop shop prop. You probably have your mind entirely on the Nats at the moment, so don't sweat it till they are over.

Hammer

Did it again! Sorry! When during the work week, I'm very unreliable. Gaffed it off again. I will get them to you tonight. Promise! :p

Hammer

Thats cool dude, if you can get them to me by monday so i can get him to do them on tuesday would be good!!

Nats are getting closer!

Dale

I'm going to draw up a pic on the Microsoft Paint with measurements and send them to you, Dale. That way you will know which way is up.

Took it out for the last run until it starts getting warmer around here. The new X457/3 does the job. It doesn't get crazy on me, and it feels about the same as the X460/3 with out the rolling. I think I finally found the screw for Japanese racing. Had know problem with speed at all last Sunday using the same screw.

Hammer

Hammer,

I presume that X457/3 is pitched up a fair bit? I tried a standard one this weekend and I think it did about 83k!

I shortened up the pipe and ran 99.1k with a prop shop propeller, my best speed so far with this motor! The engine was doing it pretty easy too, I think it could stand a little more prop. That boat is ready for the nats now!

Last weekend I helped a friens set up his Kingcraft that he converted to A-90 power from Zenoah power. His boat ran really well, he was very happy! Another friend will build one after Christmas, so there will be 3 Kingcrafts racing in X mono in Adelaide. I wont be outnumbered now!

Ian.

Hey! Sounds like you will have a lot of competition with 3 Kingcrafts. I didn't have any last week. Hopefully next year will prove to be more challenging.

I'm running 4.0 with the 457/3. I'm still in the high 90s. Still running the K90 carb?

Hammer

That's 2 others to run against, there are also 2 Seaducers and one home-made hull. But now I am quicker than the Kingcraft I was helping last week!

You will have to stay ahead of the game! What we found here when the first Seaducer came along was that everyone had to find 5 or 10k, but everyone did (including me) and the competition stayed close! 8)

I am not sure what the stock pitch is on the X457/3 I tried, I didn't measure it.

I am still using the K-90 carb. The disadvantage of such a simple carb is poor running at low speed, but at mid range to full open on the water it seems to work quite well. But the plugs become more critical with a carb with no low range. The engine runs so rich at low speeds that the plug needs to be hot to keep the engine running. With a low range needle you can get the low speed mixture leaner and run a colder (tougher) plug.

But in general term I actually like such simple carbs, it is easier to tune them by ear for me. On the carbs that I have with low end needles I tend to set them rich at the low end anyway! :p

You can buy a carb for the K90 with low end adjustment,Kalistratov makes one.

I use that type with low end adjustment for my offshore boats and the other one W/O for my riggers.

Anders

Anders,

I was not aware such a carb existed, does it work well? Why dont you use it for the riggers, no advantage?

Do you use the lower cooling ring?

What pipes have you found to be the best with the K-90? Mine is running a Macs 15cc muffled pipe at the moment.

Ian.

Hey Anders! Are you getting them from Al Hobbs? I talked to the dealer here, and he said that he has never heard of them either.

Nobody in Japan will run with out the low end needle, so this dealer sells them with the 9B on them. He said that he doesn't import them with carbs. If they have one available with a low end needle, he is interested. Let me know!

Hammer

Hey! I saw that! That's pretty cool. Gonna have to get you some more recent pictures, though. It has been changed quite a bit since those were taken. I will mail them to you as I get them.

Hammer

Back