K&B 67

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, are early 90's vintage thin walled as described above? I have two of them, NIB, that will be going into a pair of play boats and need to know how to mount them

I used to use Octura hum dinger mounts when I ran K&B.....you could get them in 4 or 5 inch spacings with a solid plate mount to help support the case.

they look like this.... http://modelmarinesupplies.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=OCEM

Picture%20026.jpg

I dont remember hearing about .67s breakin cases so much as certain models breakin rods, particularly the early motors....i know the .45s had the problem with the cases breakin from time to time, though i never had it happen to mine....i probably just didnt run mine hard enough!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think the cases where breaking, just flexing enought to tear the crap up, The engine I have has the big flat conrod with a brass flywheel, new never ran

Corey, I have been racing model boats for about 25 years and have owned a Stalker Pro radar for most of those years. I remember one day I was out running boats at a local pond and a young man showed up with a Seaducer mono that had a box stock K&B .67 in it. The boat was VERY POORLY assembled and had many obvious issues. I was shocked when he started it up and threw it in, it seemed to be very fast and reliable. I pulled out the Stalker and to this day, that is one of the fastest .60 monos I have every radared. I also ran k&b .45's in riggers for years with no issues and good speed. I will be running them again soon. You have a good motor there that only needs very modest attention to run very well. Have Fun!

Eric

I have 4, K&B .67's. 2, I purchased N I B and 2 were used. I sent all 4 motors off to Rod Geraty. He looked thru them and replaced the head buttons on all of them. He said they were all in great condition and will run best at no more than 30% nitro. Don't know how they run as i am building right now. I have talked to rod on the phone, very nice and knowledgeable about the K&B's.

Sorry can't answer about the head clearance. he didn't mention it and I didn't think to ask.

Latest posts

Back