K-30 rz

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Hi everyone...does anyone have positive results from this motor? I'm looking at upgrading to the STOCK k30 rz. I've read that it,s no good unless it,so nodded. The price difference between the rz254 and the k30rz is only 30$ and just concerned with being disappointed with the 30 and should just stay with 254??

Thanks

Norm

Norm,I had a modded RCMK EVO RZ in my T-6 gas scale for about 4 tanks of fuel.All who saw the boat which was in clear epoxy,unpainted, and not yet trimed were not impressed with its performance.I talked with Bruce at Gizmo,the conclusion was that the boat needed more power.I installed a modded K-30 rear exhaust, barely talked about the stock K-30, and ran about 4 tanks before disassembly to paint.I only had limited number of props to test,but the engine torque was strong enough to hold the front left sponson out of the water on the entire front and backstretch and the speed picked up significantly.Boat was still not trimed.I suggest you talk to Bruce at Gizmo about the difference between the two engines.

At this point IMPBA has no rules on Gas Scale,but NAMBA does which allow 29.5 cc engines.Hopefully at the proper time IMPBA will incorporate similar rules

Harvey

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Harvey. Remember I'm not in this for all out speed records but would still like the boat to perform decently. My RZ 254 suffered a meltdown from possible weeds blocking the water inlet and now unsure whether getting the same engine or the bigger one. It's hard to judge speed from a video and I have nothing to compare to but this is a video from a month ago seems like the engine runs with good revs?? Could you let me know how this compares to others with RZs or K30s ?? If I get a K30 I will not spend an extra $300 for a modded engine. The stock power will have to be enough. Is the stock K30 much more powerful then the RZ? The K30 is only $30 more and even if a bit more powerful is worth the extra $

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZgmEe3ghcY&feature=player_embedded#!

thanks

Norm

I guess what I'm really asking is this...what motor is more powerful and reliable...the stock RZ 254 or the stock K-30Rz ???

thanks

N

Norm,I still think Bruce at Gizmo 863-533-6060 can give you the info you are looking for.For what it's worth,I still have the modded RCMK RZ jug,piston and crank if you want to go that direction.I would go with the K-30.

Harvey

Harvey...was your modded Rz better performing then the boat in the video? In what way was your engine modded?

N

Norm,did you talk with Bruce about these engines yet?Bruce can tell you what he did to my engine,as well as a comparison between engines.

I really can't compare speeds.In Knoxville we test on a lake inlet with an IMBPA course laid out with buoys- until they are hit.Your course seems more circular.

Harvey

I have an older pro boat budwieser with a K-30 and have ran mid 50s w/a1662 and change my turnfin and rudder and added 8oz in each sponson . motor on ebay new ITB 260. bucks

I've made an extension to the stock header and now running great at roughly 13" pipe length. More fine tuning is needed but now waiting for a calmer and warmer day.

Latest posts

Back