July 24-25 Mt Vernon IL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Here we go AGAIN Camping racing and lots of good racing. 3 boats to make a class including A Hydro,gas classes all nitro classes with three entries. We might even have a grudge match gas vs nitro. Cd will be Ken Hildreth asst c/d Mike Schindler referee Ryan Hobby and eagle eye on the starting line ole one eye himself.......... Come join the fun email entries accepted up until the 22nd. Please email me at [email protected] and put MT. VERNON in the subject line. This race was a hoot last year and several guys have sent in entries............ I will upload a flyer soon as I can get it switched to pdf Mikey

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have never been to Mt. Vernon, This is a really nice site. Last year the water was fast and the racing was a blast. Ken

Awesome get those A-hydros screaming!!! Does anyone know what happened to the B-Stock Tunnel trophy that was given out at Mt. Vernon back in the day? Was that a D-4 thing that got transplanted to another race? I got so close a few times, i think they had 30 boats competing one year.

They had two neat traveling trophys back in the day, A really cool B Hydro Trophy that John Benivedes. (I have no Idea if I spelled that right) carved out a mini rigger for the center, and they had the B stock tunnel trophy, neither of which I ever won. ha! Ken

Awesome get those A-hydros screaming!!! Does anyone know what happened to the B-Stock Tunnel trophy that was given out at Mt. Vernon back in the day? Was that a D-4 thing that got transplanted to another race? I got so close a few times, i think they had 30 boats competing one year.
I THINK Bob Preusse was the last winner of the B hydro trophy.Call him.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had two neat traveling trophys back in the day, A really cool B Hydro Trophy that John Benivedes. (I have no Idea if I spelled that right) carved out a mini rigger for the center, and they had the B stock tunnel trophy, neither of which I ever won. ha! Ken
Yeah I remember the B Hydro trophy too. I raced b-stock and b-hydro there for a few years. Never got to hold the trophy though. Those were great looking trophies with tiny chrome props if I remember right.

I blew the dust off the 20 UFO,looks like I will follow Zaker around a few laps.Hey im not too old to learn from the master. We should have a good field of 20 boats.

Hmmm, should I go out of character and pull out the 20 hydro? It should still be under its cover. haha!

Get your entries in this race is drawing near.......
Mike,

I mailed my registration form today. Is there going to be any open water on Friday or Saturday? I have a new boat I would like to try out on a race course.

Lawson
The flier says open water Friday.

Thanks Don. I was in a rush when I submitted the flyer, and I didn't even look at the top part of it. I will see you Friday.

Lawson

Lawson

DonB

The course is set, and we have netting up. We will adjust the course a Little Friday or Saturday, We were fighting the wind to get everything straight

Get your entries in if you can

You can enter by emailing [email protected] and pay at race.

I think we will have about 70 boats, it will be a nice easy going race atmosphere. Bring stuff to test - we will have open water.

Thanks

Back