Joseph Sparr memorial race featuring 1/8th scale cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't bill, but you can mapquest or google earth it by using greenbrier state park. what you looking for? it's about 2 miles east of mason-dixon dragway, & about 750' up........

Mailed my entry yesterday. Gas rigger and 1/8th scale. Looking forward to the race.

Come on John, bring the sport hydro with ya!!!!

Sending mine in tommorrow, sport hydro, thunderboat, gas cat and open cat.

See ya'll in Haggerstown....... John Crouch

Does anyone have a GPS adress for the pond?

Thanks,

MTB ;)
Here is the address and phone number from there website....

Greenbrier State Park

21843 National Pike

Boonsboro, MD 21713-9535

(301) 791-4767

Call 1-888-432-CAMP(2267) for reservations

hope this helps, John C

The Rc Model Boaters of Baltimore announce the 31st running of the Joseph A. Sparr Memorial fall race. This race features the Tim Lesnewski 1/8th scale cup. We are also proud to announce the Aeromarine Points Challenge finals. The race will be held at Greenbriar State Park in Hagerstown,Md. on September 25-27,2009. Come and experience some of the country's best racing, food, and boating fun. For more info please download the flyer or contact me here on IW. Let's see who will earn the coveted jacket this year !!!!
Charles,

Did you receive my entry form? I may have a change to it for ya! James Beasley

The Rc Model Boaters of Baltimore announce the 31st running of the Joseph A. Sparr Memorial fall race. This race features the Tim Lesnewski 1/8th scale cup. We are also proud to announce the Aeromarine Points Challenge finals. The race will be held at Greenbriar State Park in Hagerstown,Md. on September 25-27,2009. Come and experience some of the country's best racing, food, and boating fun. For more info please download the flyer or contact me here on IW. Let's see who will earn the coveted jacket this year !!!!
Charles,

Last two years we had a problem getting in to the race / drvier's mtg on time. Park officials lock the gate from 10 pm until 8 am every night. The racers that stayed in hotels outside the park had to wait on the side of the road up at the hwy 40 gate until someone came and unlocked it at 8 am. The drivers mtg is at 8:30 so this is a problem. Can you coordinate with the park to get a key or have them open it at 0700 on Sat and Sunday mornings? Some of us will arrive at 5 am and can't get in then either. Please see what can be done and advise us all.

Thanks, James Beasley

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles,

Last two years we had a problem getting in to the race / drvier's mtg on time. Park officials lock the gate from 10 pm until 8 am every night. The racers that stayed in hotels outside the park had to wait on the side of the road up at the hwy 40 gate until someone came and unlocked it at 8 am. The drivers mtg is at 8:30 so this is a problem. Can you coordinate with the park to get a key or have them open it at 0700 on Sat and Sunday mornings? Some of us will arrive at 5 am and can't get in then either. Please see what can be done and advise us all.

Thanks, James Beasley
I will have an answer for you as soon as Tim calls the Park.

you should get my registration on 22 sept by noon for B tunnel,D Tunnel and B mono. looking foward to racing up there and Tunnel Bill looking foward to racing you again like in delmarva this time ill be on vacation so my job wont get in the way.

hopefully the weather holds up but im ready to get wet. see you guys at the pond :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hats off to the Baltimore crew great job!!! Nice race even though it was a bit wet i had a good time. hope everyone gets home safe especially JIm who came from cali. good job guys

back home, cleaned up, everything put up. had a great time this weekend ! thanx to the baltimore club for another fun weekend of racing, good food, & great friends. we won't discuss the weather......although, sunday wasn't bad. hope everybody has a safe trip home, & a good 'off season'. look foward to seeing all of you next year, same pond to start again.

Thanks to all who came and raced or came to watch. We had some good racing despite the rain. Gas cat put on a really good showing with 17 boats in the class. Thanks to all the Namba 1 guys for coming down and running with us. A special thanks to all of the Baltimore Model Boat club members for all their hard work with setup and tear down duties. Congrats to all who won the coveted green jackets for D12 champions.

Thanks to all who came and raced or came to watch. We had some good racing despite the rain. Gas cat put on a really good showing with 17 boats in the class. Thanks to all the Namba 1 guys for coming down and running with us. A special thanks to all of the Baltimore Model Boat club members for all their hard work with setup and tear down duties. Congrats to all who won the coveted green jackets for D12 champions.

I had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks to the club members and all racers for making the event enjoyable. No complaining on hardly anyone's account, just guys and gals having fun. A nice end to a really good district year for me, my personal best. After four years, thousands of dollars and hundreds of man-hours I finally got a jacket (pending the grand wizard's final calculations of course) one for B Mono and one for D Tunnel. I lost B Hydro to Eric and Sport 40 to Buddy, both fair and square! Two deserving guys for sure. This is kind of a bitter sweat end to the season for me though. I was a bit more relaxed at this race as I had a new perspective on life coming into this race. I had a biopsy performed two weeks before the race and found out today that I have prostate cancer. Doc says it is treatable thank goodness, but I'll have to go through the surgery and/or radiation treatment process for sure. This stuff puts you back in your place because with cancer you never know how it turns out. Again, great racing this year and I hope to see you all in Charleston next month. James Beasley, Army Strong!

Back