JAE 45 RTR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil my yellow 45 has no toe in but if you look at some of the pics they look like it . As they are turning you can see the force of the turn flexxes the rods on the sponsons and it seems that they have toe in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil on my first runs with the jAE 45 i EXPERIENCED THIS SAME BAD BEHAVIOR......solved it with i/16 toe in on the right sponson and 3 degree offset on the strut that must be angled at 2 degree .I also can see a lot of lift caused by the fin on your sponson...check its angle out..Make sure your rudder servo is really strong!Gill

Gill, Im assuming the lift is due to his over correction/turning left. That will lift the sponson every time. Neil, you have some work to do to tame her down.. Take out some steering, as its over steering bad *if you dont have any "toe" in the right front sponson*. I would start with "toe in" as Ron mentioned above first....

Rodney agreed...toe in starting at 1/16" is a must for this boat...maybe more if you dont have the strut off set.Gill

Turn steering rate down to at least 50% and run expo at least 50%, I am running 100% expo.I only have about 10 to 12 degrees rudder deflection each side. Still made a 90 degree turn in 10' to avoid a flipping boat.

I don't mind the quick response of the boat , now if I could just stop bending rudder brackets. :lol:

Tim

I don't mind the quick response of the boat , now if I could just stop bending rudder brackets. :lol:

Tim
Joe sent me a new fin 1/8 thick to run So a new fin is in the works. The guys ran yesterday, but I had stuff going on.We test Tunnel Thursday. I will know more Friday

Tim
Joe sent me a new fin 1/8 thick to run So a new fin is in the works. The guys ran yesterday, but I had stuff going on.We test Tunnel Thursday. I will know more Friday
Hi Neil,

We had visiters at Stony Pond yesterday. The neighbors down the road brought there kids over to watch. I told them about your .45 rigger and how it makes the gas boats look slow! :) We had no nitro boats to show them. I was too busy planting trees to run.

I'm thinking about building a JAE .45. Where can I get the measurements for sponson spacing?

Tim
Tim,what kind of rudder bracket are you bending ,and at what point on the bracket?
Its on the 21 Ron.,

Bent the stock Zip bracket at the transom showing a friend how great the boat turned. :wub:

Made up another bracket out of T-6 and after the boat spun out twice at a race a couple weeks ago I noticed that it was twisted .

May have happened after the first spin out as it was pretty violent , but the boat had never spun out before.

All fixed and RTRock once again.

Sorry for Hijacking your thread Neil.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry timothy johnson, I want'ent trying to Hijack your tread.I seen the first .45 post and let everyone see the bending fins.Since the .45 is still beaing tested. Atleast up north here.The hull runs nice and true,no bad habbits.I run 22" but the 24" will work fine too.I did add 2 extra boom clamps to the left side.

1657 @ 4.29" to 5.29" depends on your boat set up and motor and pipe combination.

Shorter pipe less cup. I know some that are turning ABC 2314 and 2316 also. We have

Found 1655 is good for set up and motor break-in.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

I got to run my .45 JAE rigger today. No bad habits- running the hull. Runs straight and true. turns on a dime. Joe's new fin was " A-OK"-- 1/8 " with slots for adjustments I was getting air, So I moved the rear fin up. No more air under the sponson. I like it more and more-- was that fun I do have a video Cindy Driver took one,she'll post it soon. I haven't tested any other props, yet. Fast enough for me -at this moment.

Latest posts

Back