JAE 45 RTR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everyone that posted the JAE 45 threads. I built 4 of the JAE s this winter and this one is mine. The first runs will be with a stock CMB 45 Purple Head,1655 prop. When the boats dialed in my new VAC 45 with the mods recommended by Stu Barr will be installed. Thanks again to Rod Geraghty ,Stu Barr, David Preusse and Steve Wood for the engine work.

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

Thanks to everyone that posted the JAE 45 threads. I built 4 of the JAE s this winter and this one is mine. The first runs will be with a stock CMB 45 Purple Head,1655 prop. When the boats dialed in my new VAC 45 with the mods recommended by Stu Barr will be installed. Thanks again to Rod Geraghty ,Stu Barr, David Preusse and Steve Wood for the engine work.
Hey Hey Tim here is build #1 I just want say thanks to every one also . This will be one of the best sommer for R/C boating in Alaska sence the mid 70s thanks again Tim

Very nice build.

Hey Hey Tim here is build #1 I just want say thanks to every one also . This will be one of the best sommer for R/C boating in Alaska sence the mid 70s thanks again Tim
Looking good Charles. Nice looking carb on it too. :)

Just a suggestion. You may want to move the fuel line away from the carb bell. ANYTHING within about 1/2 inch of the bell, front OR sides, will affect the stability of the air flow thru the carb. The more stable the airflow, the more consistent the carb will run.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Hugh im waiting for Andy brown to finish motor mods and a new pipe and prop. mabe a week or three LOL!

Hey hey just ran the vac tonight ! Runs real smooth with a1655 . 2nd tank we added a1657 @ 45% nitro running a 69mph and has lots to go. again thank guys its sweet.

Charles,

ABC 2314 will run low to mid 70's with a AA-45.

The 2316 is next.

Thanks,

Mark

Charles,

I will check today. I have been doing propellers all weekend long.

Thanks,

Mark

The JAE continues to impress me with its handling. At 70mph there is no reason to let off the throttle. My seasoned CMB 45, CMB nitro pipe, 45 % nitro and pitched up(8%) i655 is working . Will try a 1657 soon and then the VAC 45.

Back