JAE 45 RTR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hit 80 today ! Still waiting on my AB pipe . using a 1657 pitched and cupped 55% nitro with the new fixxes on the zoom carb and my $25. CMB quite pipe @ 9.25'' . thanks again Tim for the nice build Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hey Tim check out the pics Todd did the other knight !

My weekend running the .45 didn't go well. I lost the first fin in a corner.during testing, 4 screw bolts striped the Birch dowel. I replaced it with a .21 JAE rigger. The fin bent @buoy 2 after a launch. I did bolt the fin all the way threw with 4- 6/32 bolts . I will also add 2 boom tube clamps per side on the front. I will drill a hole threw the brass pipe inside the hull, adding bolts and nuts. I talking the rear boom tube.

4 bolts held the fin but the fin need to be bigger than 1/16" thick.

Ya man Preusse fins are good ! As soon as you fix that you will start killin sponsons . The hard turns will start yo kill the inner workings . I've ran my yellow JAE 9 times and running hard and fast im having hudge problems with that sponson and the transom but thats just the price of running allout. And thats if you dont start racing because one touch is CATASTROPHIC aint that right Tim LOL! we touched the other knight . simple put it looked like to Eagle maiting in mid flight WOW it was crazy . All I can say is spares spares spares and if you arent breakin it your missing out be safe and have fun Neil

Get a David Preusse fin
Could not agree more , get one and all your problems will be solved.

I bent the stock fin the very first run on the boat, put Davids on and never looked back.

It was nice seeing you at the race this weekend Neil .

Tim

Get a David Preusse fin

I bent the stock fin the very first run on the boat, put Davids on and never looked back.

Tim
Thanks TimI will see you in London Ont, Canada ,Your 21 WAS SMOKING FAST. But your twin was something else. What a hull. Great weekend. Yesterday was a bust for me. But I'm very happy with a 2nd & 3rd running 5 hulls My open cat was a disappointment. anyone have Dave's #

Get a David Preusse fin

Tim
Thanks TimI will see you in London Ont, Canada ,Your 21 WAS SMOKING FAST. But your twin was something else. What a hull. Great weekend. Yesterday was a bust for me. But I'm very happy with a 2nd & 3rd running 5 hulls My open cat was a disappointment. anyone have Dave's #
847 526-4694

Get a David Preusse fin

Tim
Thanks for the kind words Neil , hope to see you in a few weeks at the NL Open.

Tim

I'm using Mikes Hughes fin with no issues till now on my Jae 45.

Gill
IGil

I started with Mike's fin That striped out 4 1"screws in a Birch dowel.Lost to the pond god. Then I went to the only spare I had in the .21 JAE fin. Joe Petro was their to see the fin. He's sending me a new fin to test. As we test together. And race. It may take some time to see one in his shop. As testing is still going on.

Scott, Nice JAE 45!

I can't find time to finish mine ever since racing started.....

Scott, Nice JAE 45!

I can't find time to finish mine ever since racing started.....
Your .21 won District # 1 Championship. And hit a log / stick during the victory lap. That sucked. A spare hull is a good ideal. This winter. I may need 3 sets with this .45 JAE.

Latest posts

Back