JAE 21FE KIT...ANYONE GOT THEIRS YET???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Just wondering if anyone has been notified yet of their pre order being ready for the Fast Electric version. Mike

As far as I know, none of the .21 kits are out yet as he only starting cutting them this week.

As far as I know, none of the .21 kits are out yet as he only starting cutting them this week.
Hi Ron!

Thanks for the info! I don't even know if I am on the list for the first run anyways...LOL!! Doesn't matter I guess...It will be one of my winter builds. :)

-Kent

I don't know where I'm on the list either for the .21 nitro version but I'm still finishing the first .12 and started on my second one. There are still other boats in the workshop needing their winter upgrades so it's not like I don't have anything to do while waiting.

I don't know where I'm on the list either for the .21 nitro version but I'm still finishing the first .12 and started on my second one. There are still other boats in the workshop needing their winter upgrades so it's not like I don't have anything to do while waiting.
Ron, are you doing anything different with your second .12 build?

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure yet except for a few things. This one will keep the water-cooled head to I'm going to have to figure out how to run the plumbing from the back to the front. I'm using the strut and rudder from Joe Petro this time also. Maybe something different for holding the boom tubes in place, not sure yet until I get there.

Ron have u thought about using a small brass tube to run along the inside the hull on your second build for water?

Yes I have and have already gotten it. Where to run it is the trick as once the servo's, RX and battery pack are in there it's going to be fun running the tubing. I've even given thought to running it down the outside along the right side but that might look kind of ugly. I'd really like to see what others have been doing.

OK, maybe we ought to give this back to the FE guys.

Ron have u thought about using a small brass tube to run along the inside the hull on your second build for water?
You took the words right out of my mouth William! A brass tube runnin through the radio box, sealed/epoxied on both end with about 3/4" sticking out on the transom and engine bay to attach the tubing to...nice and clean route...

-Kent

i have done that way with the brass tube trough the rc box many ways , its easy strong and works 100 % , just add a 3th mount for the tube some where half way the rc box . this way it can not vibe ore resonate , this way it will not crack the epoxy .

any have their project jet ,? i am waiting on the mail to get mine |! lol

Jeroen

On the next one of these I planned to build I intended to run a brass tube where the 1/4" balsa angle is at. Once the tube is in there, the balsa could probably be carved up enough to completely hide the tube, or just left out as the tube will add some strength when epoxied into the corner.

Just wondering if anyone has been notified yet of their pre order being ready for the Fast Electric version. Mike
I talked to Joe yesterday and he told me that this week they are cutting up the 21nitro

kits and shipping them out starting Monday. The next run will be the 21FE for next week.

The week after that the 12'S. Then they will start all over again. Good news is that I am

on the first list :D . Nick

Ron u can make brass stubs to put in radiobox and on transom that way u can run fuel line anyway u want in the boat or can u finger drill a hole.i know it sounds like a pain but it is wood and u can get it close to the side from the radiobox to the engine compartment.if u didnt put the top on u could drill the hole before u seal the radiobox inside.u can shoegue the fuel line in if u drill a hole in the radio box.jusr make sure u keep an eye on it for any water

im on the list for the 21fe but not sure were at

Found this on offshoreelectrics dot com

Our JAE 21FE kit differs from the JAE 21GE.

We designed the FE tub to hold a 4 cell 4000-5000 mah "brick", and a 36mm water cooled UL-1 type of inrunner.

Our kit has a flat top with tape down lids, so the tub inside dimensions are 2.5 wide and 2.25 high.

We chose not to modify the sponson boom locations, as this would mean more parts and expense. As it is, both 21 boats (21G2 nitro and 21FE) share the same sponsons.

We are having billet motor mounts made specifically for this application by Lawless Drives.

As for delivery date, here is the scoop:

We are currently cutting the nitro kits. We do production runs of 40 kits a week.

On Thursday, we will begin cutting the FE kits, with shipping beginning the following Monday.

We have a waiting list for the 21FE, so if you are considering this boat, please email list @ zippkits dot com.

We are working hard to stay as close to release dates as possible, but not at the expense of quality.

We are cutting kits as fast as we can get raw materials.

Thanks for being patient, and if you have any questions, please email us. No PM's or posts please. We check email all day, but rarely get to the forums.

Thanks

Joe Petro

Zippkits

WOW ! good info , i did got a confermation from Joe that i am on the list , i just dont know where on the list ! lol .. guess i have to wait and see ..

jeroen

**** another jae in the netherlands and i was thinking that i was the only one. ;) :D

I found an e-mail tonight from Joe that my .21G is shipping out this (Thursday) morning so it should be here by Monday at the latest. I missed another bullet as if it had shipped Monday it would have been here probably today and the wife is planning on taking the day off because of the weather here. We're currently under a blizzard warning until late Thursday afternoon and the roads are in lousy shape.

Back