Jae 21 prop suggestions and comments

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

I have a Jae 21 that weights 4lbs 7.10 oz and it has a 21NR modded with a woods cooper pipe set at 7.75 and i run 50% nitro.

I had a prop that i liked pretty well but it got damaged the boat would launch well and pull it no problem .I went to another prop that i have for this boat as well but it does not seem to be as fast but it could be my eyes and i cannot run them each to see as the 1450 is toast.

i will give you the prop numbers i have now and what i had and would appreciate a good next prop to try or an opinion as to if i should just replace the damaged one and run that.

before it got damaged i was always running this prop and it seemed nice and smooth all the way around and the speeds looked fine to me and no real bad habbits.

1450 pitched up and reduced to 46.84mm

3.75 "of TE cup

2.73" of c.o.b. pitch

once the above prop got damaged i started to use the following prop as the season was almost over and that seemed to be the best of what i had for props at the time.

H7reduced to 46.59

3.21"of (TE) cup

2.81" of( c.o. B) pitch.

This prop seems to hop a little or come loose for lack of a better explination if you cross a wake or it gets a little choppy.

would you suggest trying something esle for a prop or trying to get the 1450 replaced.

terry, my best prop (so far) has been a 1450 virtually identical to the one of yours that got damaged. only differance is mine was 48.5 mm dia. was your's backcut or tongue cut? mine is not. get another 1450 B)

Ok. Thanks.

I have a H18 with way to much lift in it. So i will try it on that.

Sorry that I used your tread Tmunn.

Fredrik.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fredrick,

Your H-18 is just a little big for your 21 unless you can adjust your strut up more.

It is basically a 1455 with a small trailing edge backcut on it. If you reduce the diameter

It may work for you. The lift is coming from too much diameter on the blades.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

Hi Mark.

Well the H18 was for one of my 45 boats. And I only tested it on my taipan45. The tail was all over the place so I put it away.

I will try to take it down to 50mm and test it on my JAE21.

Thanks.

Fredrik.

lundahl

perhaps you should pm marc your inquiries.Not wanting to be rude just sayin....

50x69 with an Orlic cut ,still haven't found anything better .

And as far as the plugs go Terry , If it ain't pulled it ain't running.

Tim K

I'm sorry Tmunn.

Back to the tread.

I have almost the same setup a you but my boat weigh 1600g and have 500g weight on the prop ( a bit much maybe). I don't have any hop at the rear end.

My H7 is 46.88m 3.46 T.E and 3.00 C.O.B.

I uses a heavy height battery pack. Maybe ad some weight to the prop might help?

Fredrik

Guy, I have a full blade 1450 but was told the 7port with the cooper /wood pipe would not like it and to reduce the dia .I was wondering if i took my raw 1450 and cleaned up the mold marks and reduced the dia , how it would work.My fist question is when you reduce the dia, can it be done with say a 6" mill file and where exactly do you start for the dia reduction.I would start there the raw prop i have was not expensive so i thought i might try to mod it ???

Latest posts

Back