JAE 21 Outboard Conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I can tell most outriggers run with the prop only halfway in the water... What effect does the cavitation plate on the outboard engine have on the prop and the boat's handling/speed?
Danny. The cavitation plate serves no purpose but to block the prop spray on an ob hydro. I trimmed mine to leave just enough to hold the water pick-up.
Good to know. I'm sure the last thing you want to do is kill that cool rooster tail! Plus, running the air-cooled OS you probably can do with no plate at all.

Here is a video we shot of one of my ZippKits JAE 21 OB Hydro runs in initial testing at our local pond. This is a brand new NovaRossi that is rich, has many more runs to go to fully break-in, and the boat is still close to 60mph!!!!!......... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/20hHhAOuCXE
Wow I want one even more now...... thats IMPRESSIVE and you can hear how rich that rossi is, imagine when it come's on the pipe dammm......

Here is a video we shot of one of my ZippKits JAE 21 OB Hydro runs in initial testing at our local pond. This is a brand new NovaRossi that is rich, has many more runs to go to fully break-in, and the boat is still close to 60mph!!!!!......... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/20hHhAOuCXE
Looking good Ron

It will go to another level with that new pipe

Greg
Thanks Greg. It will be a while before I lean her down. After I break it in, I will post more pics. I want to try that new super secret whatcha ma call it super duper pipe I have coming from you, on my new 20 OB I am building, and this boat as well. I really think I can get this boat in the upper 60's........... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah baby!

Looks swell Captain Ron!! You know how much I like O/B riggers!!

Another great JAE from ZippKits! Great work Mr. Petro!! :)

-Kent

It did run good but did some mighty strange things during the race. I changed servos, but still had weird issues with handling.

When I got home I went to look at the bottom of the boat and the rear ski was missing... It seems that I only tacked it in place with a couple of drops of CA, and forgot to glue it.

That may explain the "mind of it's own" style of control...

Joe

It did run good but did some mighty strange things during the race. I changed servos, but still had weird issues with handling.

When I got home I went to look at the bottom of the boat and the rear ski was missing... It seems that I only tacked it in place with a couple of drops of CA, and forgot to glue it.

Joe
Happens to the best of us I see!!!!........... ;) I bet the next ski won't come loose!!......... :eek:

Joe
Happens to the best of us I see!!!!........... ;) I bet the next ski won't come loose!!......... :eek:
.I think it got stuck on the front of my boat after it fell off Joe's , thats why mine was so slow. :lol:

Tim

He yJoe;

just saw the price of the uptiimate hardware combo for the 21JAE OB.

think it is JUST a BIT pricy tho,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$9,999.00 :huh:

joe, i had no clue as to what direction dick & ron took with the design. it's almost uncanny how some of the ways ya'lls design & mine are VERY similar. i'll send you some pics shortly to the zipp support email.

joe, i had no clue as to what direction dick & ron took with the design. it's almost uncanny how some of the ways ya'lls design & mine are VERY similar. i'll send you some pics shortly to the zipp support email.
Hey Robbin,

I would like to see what you changed from the WTC. The boat you had there I thought was the standard inboard nitro JAE 21 kit, standard ski, and no rear sponsons, with an outboard engine mounted. That hull is a lot different than the hulls Dick and I ran. Im interested in the progress you have made on your design. Thanks.

ron, i was talking more about the top decking & how it is divided up. like i said, " some of the ways". mine was a standard ib kit, but i inset the transom 1". i have added rear shoes made from cut down .12 jae sponsons since the wtc. i also did not widen the rear ski, in an attempt to keep the wetted surfaces to a minimum. i may still have to do that, i will be going to the pond testing a lot this summer - time will tell. i can just sheet the sides of the ski 1/16" or 1/8" at a time if i need to, to widen it. btw, an old school villain tunnel 8 oz. ss fuel tank fits in there perfectly on my set up. the 6 oz tank in zipp's hardware kit sounds small to me.....

Yes. That is still a lot different than we designed ours. We will see how she goes...

Joe

Back