Jae 21 motor mounts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

What is available for motor mounts that alow for the removal of the hardwood blocks and something that provides more of a vibration dampening mount.

I see guys with nylon bolts through their tub sides and was curious to what mount they are using ???

Terry, I made my own mounts in my AJM Rev2. you can do the same with a piece of 1/4 x 1/2 aluminum bar stock. Just cut it to length tap the holes for mounting through the tub to 1/4-20 and drill and tap for the motor mount bolts. Use nylon washers for spacers between the tub/rubber grommets and the mount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Brian that is what i was thinking about .I must have seen them on your boat.

Thats the same basic style used in many riggers. Including mine. I know for a while Andy Brown was selling the mount rails.

Here you go Terry.
Where do you get those kwick connectors for throttle, and who's third needle should i mount up for a JAE 21,and what`s that brass piece in the pic through the hull sorry for all the newbie ??. Johnny

Here you go Terry.
Where do you get those kwick connectors for throttle, and who's third needle should i mount up for a JAE 21,and what`s that brass piece in the pic through the hull sorry for all the newbie ??. Johnny
The quick connectors are from Sullivan. They work well for the throttle linkages / 3rd channel. I wouldnt use them on a rudder though. As for 3rd channel needles, Im a big fan of the OS setup mounted directly on the carb but Don Ferret sells a nice base for them as well. The brass fitting is a 90* pipe pressure fitting that I modified to be used as a pass through for my pipe pressure line. I dont like the run the silicone tube over the tub through the cowl. It typically gets in the way, gets cut by the cowl ect..

Brian

Johnny, no it wont. You would need to get the jackrabbit base from Don Ferrette then buy the OS needle itself and use it in the base. Here is a picture of the base and OS needle in my rigger:

IMG_20120317_220651.jpg

What mods do I do to the carb I notice yours is totally differant,and is there a science to which side you ex pipe is on?Or is just prefferance

Latest posts

Back