Jae 21 done

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, had the same thing happen to me on the second run of my bullet.

Why are there so many stories about servos going?? Kinda sucks that quality has suffered...

Mine were the good metal gear 3102 futaba not cheapies and a bit of overkill for throttle.I swaped it out for a HS 85 MG and i know that they have had some problems too but what do you do :rolleyes:

Mine were the good metal gear 3102 futaba not cheapies and a bit of overkill for throttle.I swaped it out for a HS 85 MG and i know that they have had some problems too but what do you do :rolleyes:
Wow, a Futaba failed! Oh well....

What is the distance between the tub and the sponsons on the JAE21?

The manual does not specify the distance. I am using 7 1/8th" and that is wider than my 90 rigger, unreal.

The wider the footprint,the better the boat will be in race and rough water....personally I would stay with the 8-3/8'' dimension....

At the present time we at JAE have no idea where "to wide" is...... :huh: ....

The manual does not specify the distance. I am using 7 1/8th" and that is wider than my 90 rigger, unreal.

The wider the footprint,the better the boat will be in race and rough water....personally I would stay with the 8-3/8'' dimension....

Is that the case for all 21 riggers (I have a Hummingbird)?

I only have the following props ...how do you guys think it would run with them and wha is THE prop of choice.I run 50% nitro.

1450 wich has the earounded and dia reduced .I got this used on a trade or something.

1450 bag (bone stock)balanced and sharpened.

H7 bag (bone stock) balanced and sharpened.

Has anyone had any issues with the brass comming out of the sponsons??It has been brought to my attention.I put as much good west system as possible around mine and had them scuffed up Really well but as i said I have no test time yet...This system worked very well on my hawk but i was able to bury the tubes (from the top )in epoxy during tha build

Has anyone had any issues with the booms breaking other than hitting something ??I used them to be consistent with my 12 and hawk rigger and i had lots on hand..
Terry, i am runnung a NR TX21M (HYbred as its being called) and I was running a 1452 that Mark Sholund made up and I ran out of prop. I started with a 1450 and it ran well but when I put on the 1452 it really came alive,I would guess I gained almost 10 mph but it still has much more,I was running some pretty long straightaways but topped out at about the 300 ft mark , it did accelerate thru the corners very hard as soon as I turned which is very cool. I would try the H7, if you can spin it you should get more than the 1450.

Jim

Jim,

I think it is the motor that is giving you all that power.

Not everyone has a motor like that. :D A 2014 will be

even faster if that motor can pull it. I have a few options

on the way Jim.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

1650's are a great option if your set up can pull them with good RPM.

I Know Jim just has a MONSTER ENGINE in that boat. :D

We are still learning more about the JAE-21 as we play with different

options. The 1650's should get you into the 80's with the right pipe.

Keep Testing Jim,

Mark Sholund

Chris,

Keep Testing Jim,

Mark Sholund

MONSTER ENGINE your funny mark!

Jim, any idea how fast your running ? and what pipe ? thanks Martin

Chris,

Keep Testing Jim,

Mark Sholund

MONSTER ENGINE your funny mark!

Jim, any idea how fast your running ? and what pipe ? thanks Martin
Martin, I have not put the radar gun on it yet but with the 1450 from Mark I would guess low to mid 60's, with the 1452 there was a considerable jump in speed I would guess near 70. My motor has had some special lovin done to it and I am running the 3280 pipe from Al Hobbs. I have not leaned on this motor at all yet it is still considerably on the rich side , I want to get a few more tanks thru it first.I think it still has plenty left to squeeze out.

Well here it is have a look .finally getting them done and ready for testing..been very busy but it's been rewarding also.Running 3 channel and remote valve in this one too ...It's a bone stock NR 5 port from Glenn that ran nice last year in a hawk so we will see soon how it goes.

Thanks for looking.

Terry
Terry:

It looks really sweeeeeeeeeeeet, let me know how she does.

Got my two jae 12's today along with the N/R 12 5 port, can't wait to start building.

Really appreciate all your great info.

Best of luck.

Jim............

I really don't know if that would apply to all .21 riggers.......I just know how it affects the JAE boats..........If it were me I sure would be testing wider sponsons ....... ;)

A few of us over the years have run wider foot prints than others,but never to this extreme,try it

Ron Zaker

JAE21

On the 7 1/8 is that from the outside of the tube to the inside of the sponsons and from the outside of the tube to the outside of the sponsons is 8 3/8.

That is what I have on my boat with a total inside to inside is 17 /12.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Zaker

JAE21

On the 7 1/8 is that from the outside of the tube to the inside of the sponsons and from the outside of the tube to the outside of the sponsons is 8 3/8.

That is what I have on my boat with a total inside to inside is 17 /12.

Dave Roach
Hey Dave, the 8-3/8 is from the outside of tub to inside of sponson.

Back