JAE 12G Rigger Release Date

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Petro

Zippkits is proud to announce the release of the JAE 12G Nitro Outrigger!

This is our first nitro kit, but won't be our last!

JAE12G-1A.jpg

Designed by the crack team of Rod Geraghty, David Hall, Ron Zaker Jr. & Martin Truex Jr.,

the 12G is made for the 12-15-18 engines.

This boat has been fully developed and is very easy to build and set up. A first for riggers...

We really like the fact that this boat can be powered by almost any air cooled car engine.

There are thousands of 12-15-18 car engines sitting in pit boxes around the world.

Most will have almost everything they need to power this boat, just from their cars!

The kits include all CNC cut parts to build the complete hull, with the exception of a cowling, turn fin and boom tube collars.

This includes all wood, foam, fiberglass booms, aluminum sleeve tubes, dowels, screws and nuts for sponsons, and our signature

22 page photo illustrated building manual.

The 12G kits will begin shipping on Monday, September 14.

The introductory price will be $39.00 USD plus $10.00 for USPS Priority mail shipping in the US.

For other countries, call or email us for a shipping quote.

We have to put a limit of 2 kits per order, as we are behind on production already!

Note that this introductory price will remain in effect until January 1st, 2010.

After that, the regular price will be $49.00.

Please also note that the first production run has been spoken for.

We have a mailing list for these kits. We will email you when your name comes up.

We will only accept payment when your kit is ready to ship.

Thanks to everyone for being patient for the last month!

Joe Petro

Zippkits.com

Congratulations guys! This is truly amazing, specially in a world where greed is king...

You probably have this posted somewhere, but could you please post the dimensions please?

thanks,

J

JAE12G-1A.jpg

Designed by the crack team of Rod Geraghty, David Hall, Ron Zaker Jr. & Martin Truex Jr.,

This boat has been fully developed and is very easy to build and set up. A first for riggers...

We really like the fact that this boat can be powered by almost any air cooled car engine.

There are thousands of 12-15-18 car engines sitting in pit boxes around the world.

Most will have almost everything they need to power this boat, just from their cars!

The kits include all CNC cut parts to build the complete hull, with the exception of a cowling, turn fin and boom tube collars.

This includes all wood, foam, fiberglass booms, aluminum sleeve tubes, dowels, screws and nuts for sponsons, and our signature

The introductory price will be $39.00 USD plus $10.00 for USPS Priority mail shipping in the US.

We have to put a limit of 2 kits per order, as we are behind on production already!

Note that this introductory price will remain in effect until January 1st, 2010.

We have a mailing list for these kits. We will email you when your name comes up.

Joe Petro

Zippkits.com

You probably have this posted somewhere, but could you please post the dimensions again please?

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat is about 24 inches long and 16 inches wide.

The sponsons are bolted to the booms, so they are fully adjustable.

Hey Joe I spoke to you on the London race about the 21 JAE, if you have a list going for a 21 could you please put me down for one. Thanks. Nick

JAE12G-1A.jpg

Joe Petro

Zippkits.com
Hey Joe

I'm not sure if this question has been asked or addressed yet so here we go ...

Do you plan to make JAE .45 , JAE .67 and so on ..... ?

Just wondering ? I would be interested in a .45 .

Thanks , Jeff

If that turns out to be the case, id like to be in line for a 21,45, and 67 kit also.

Tommy, I have you on the list. Send us an email to associate with your name.

The AOA is fixed. Only the width and offset are adjustable.

We only have plans to do a 12 and 21 at this time. We will see what 2010 brings...

Please note that the only way to get on the list is via email (best) or phone.

We cannot keep track of forum posts.

Joe

Are the sponsons adjustable or do you set it and forget it?
Just to clarify,the adjustment would be width,the attack angles are built in,yes to "set and forget".
Just to clarify one step further......build the JAE .12G kit without modifying it......don't even begin to think you can make this boat better until you run it as designed and then go from there. <_<

An adjustable angle of attack is a waste of time with the JAE designed boats.....trust me,the "angle of attack sweet spot" on these boats is about as wide as Texas.

Now to a cowl......If you feel you need one for your application,get to work and build it. :lol: :lol: ;) Post photos of your cowl

and tell everyone how you built it.Maybe a lexan airplane canopy glued to a piece of plywood would be a good place to start.

Right now we are working on a supplier for a cowls but this may take awhile.If you like the way this boat runs[and I think you will]trust me,you will find a way to get a cowl on it. ;)

The next JAE/Zippkits effort will be the JAE .21G2....the "G2" simply means the tub is 1/8" higher to facilitate a standard plastic Sullivan 8OZ.fuel tank.

The JAE .21G2 will be available in kit form probably sometime around the holidays.The JAE .21G2 plans however will be released hopefully within the next month.Once again the astounding un-affordable price of "zero dollars and "zero cents" will be charged for the JAE.21G plans..... ;)

This is what is going on at JAE Racing...........we have a JAE.45 and .21 done and running....there is also a JAE "GAS" boat being cut out as we speak and a JAE "Twin" boat will be on the jig shortly after Hobart.....The joint venture of Geraghty/Hall/Truex & Zaker will have to test the boats before releasing anything for public consumption but we see no reason why all these boats will not come to fruition.

I will have the JAE.12G built from the Zippkits kit on display at Hobart.We will also have the JAE.45H and JAE.21G and possibly a Gas or twin boat on display at Hobart also.

I have a great video of Truex's JAE.21 boat running but I am to computer challenged to post it to You Tube.If somebody would post this video and then post a link on IW,I would be glad to send it to them for posting.IF someone can do this give me a call.....1-715-926-6096

Thanks,Rod Geraghty

If that is Martin Truex's boat, I've seen it run and it is impressive. What impresses me most and is what little amount of water comes off the boat thru the turn and down the straightaway. It looks as if nothing is touching the water no matter what. Just like Rod say's, the boat won't do anything stupid! And like Shoboat has been talking about the cornering ability is amazing. The video definately show's that.

What would you guys think these 21's would work like with an economical 21 NR 5 port like the ones Glenn sells?

I loke the fact that the cost can be kept down by the use of a standard sullivin tank.There is a considerable savings there .

Terry

What would you guys think these 21's would work like with an economical 21 NR 5 port like the ones Glenn sells?

I loke the fact that the cost can be kept down by the use of a standard sullivin tank.There is a considerable savings there .

Terry
Truex's JAE.21 you see in the video has been run with probably 5 to 6 engine combinations including the NR 5 port Glenn sells.

The boat runs pretty much the way you see it in the video.

Back