Jae 12 build.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys as promised here is my 12 rigger and it is done as far as i am concerned....Just need prop installed and add fuel.Hope to test within two weeks.I think I was one of the first to start last fall and i am just getting it finised due to building too many boats at once :D

I like a base color and then add cheap decals..helps keep it east to repair.

I did 3 channel, remote needle, Nr 3port .12 marine, and mac 2.5 pipe.Going to try a 1440 on it first time out since that is all I have for it..

Weight RTR less fuel is and prop is 2lb 10.75oz I had decided to use the 5/16 cf rods and collars last fall before the 21 came out because i had lots of rods that size on hand.I hope ir works out for me B)

What do you guys think.

Terry

terry

It really looks nice. Looks like you outglossed me again. Your really on a roll. Looks like you got your paint work dialed in. Can't wait to see your whip and 21 jae.

Terry,

It looks nice, I would get a few Aeromarine 90 degree pressure fittings

and get one on that pipe. Try to keep the profile as clean as possible.

The 1440 B/C needs to be cut down and a little cup added to it.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

It looks fine enough for me ron. i used your idea for the line out through the side for the pressure line when i saw your fuel line ou through tyhe side of the tub...

I thing i had seen from the beginning on these boats is no way for the water that gets in them to drain.

I use a ting made from 3/16 brass epoxied into the bottom left of the engine well..

12 rigger is going to be fun if the water is smooth.

I think there is 7 in D11 that i know of..

Pics of the whip and 12 will be within a week or so.I am waitning for a strut for the 12 and meenwhile putting the whip together..

The river is open but not the ponds.Hoping for testin on april 5th and 10th

Thanks mark.I used another peice of fuel line over the pressure line to act as a clamp.Do you think it would come off or is the 90* fitting to clean it up and asthetics ???

If it is no better i am not concerned with it sticking out a bit.I will be trying a bone stock Bag 1440 , that is all I have And no nothing about working props.I think this one may have come from you for something else i was running.

Nice work Mr. Munn.

Ice is out here. Stop down some weekend.
biggrin.gif
I should have my .12 ready this week.

I think we will have a full class this summer.

Zach

That looks great Terry, hopefully no faster than mine though ;)

It would look better to me if it had a lead weight on the back

given how the rest of your boats go. :p

Its gonna be a good year in D11

Mike

Thanks guys. I never even would have considered a wooden boat a couple years ago and this year i saw myseld building 3.... who knew.

Mike you and zach both have made the lead weight comment.I hope i can get all my boats dialed in before the race in June.I am hoping the no adjustability is going to help with the amount of time needed to mess with riggers..Only time will tell.I hope i never bit off more than i can chew...

Guys as promised here is my 12 rigger and it is done as far as i am concerned....Just need prop installed and add fuel.Hope to test within two weeks.I think I was one of the first to start last fall and i am just getting it finised due to building too many boats at once :D

I like a base color and then add cheap decals..helps keep it east to repair.

I did 3 channel, remote needle, Nr 3port .12 marine, and mac 2.5 pipe.Going to try a 1440 on it first time out since that is all I have for it..

Weight RTR less fuel is and prop is 2lb 10.75oz I had decided to use the 5/16 cf rods and collars last fall before the 21 came out because i had lots of rods that size on hand.I hope ir works out for me B)

What do you guys think.

Terry
Hey Terry Love the color it came out awesome.Can't wait to see it go.

It looks fine enough for me ron. i used your idea for the line out through the side for the pressure line when i saw your fuel line ou through tyhe side of the tub...

I thing i had seen from the beginning on these boats is no way for the water that gets in them to drain.

I use a ting made from 3/16 brass epoxied into the bottom left of the engine well..

12 rigger is going to be fun if the water is smooth.

I think there is 7 in D11 that i know of..

Pics of the whip and 12 will be within a week or so.I am waitning for a strut for the 12 and meenwhile putting the whip together..

The river is open but not the ponds.Hoping for testin on april 5th and 10th

Terry

Funny you mentioned it as i was having problems routing my pressure line so like yourself i went thru the tub.I tried not to drill a hole but after running this past week it seem that water always finds it's way in.

had a few dnf'. I have run it in rough water and it does come unglued

Another nice job Terry.

we will get your new boats dialed in in time for the race.

Dan.

I drilled my hole on an angle and then worked it with a round file and then sealed it with slow west epoxy . should be water and fuel proof.

I Know you will help me Dan.

Standby for pics of the 21 Comming soon once i receive my strut...

Ron, I hope not literally unglued :eek:

Hello,congratulations,great work and very nice look. Please, let me know that type of 'cowl' you use ?

Thanks and Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Hi,please,i have to see that you use one 90 degree nylon or plastic fitting in the head of the engine. You can let me know where i can buy this item in the USA ?

Thanks

Giuseppe - Italy

Looks great Terry! Maybe we can see it race in London this August!!!!! :D

Back