Its Official: Horizon Hobbies is buying Hobbico and Omni Models

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be a tough day for the gang at Hobbico today.. its a good day to be thankful for what you have.

Wishing all my Hobbico friends good luck in there future endeavors.

Grim

I do feel bad for everyone at Hobbico, maybe Bruce knew something we did not when he sold.............

Just received this from Tower to opt out.
default_wink.png

CIMG1073.jpg

I do feel bad for everyone at Hobbico, maybe Bruce knew something we did not when he sold.............
Jeff,

Bruce was a visionary. I think he saw what was happening to the hobby industry as a whole due wholesale imports etc, and the massive amount of debt, saw the opportunity to get out with a LOT of cash, and took it. He was a smart man for the business he built from the ground (garage) up.

Bruce has been out for years..

I did get a long message from him (not personally) and to say the least he is NOT HAPPY with the direction the company took after he sold.

Stuff I can not say here!

I also got a message from the VP.. he has not contacted me in the 3 years I have been gone so it was out the blue. Man.. he hummbled down.. said things.. good things... man I feel bad.

As it goes our buddy Russ DID get hired today at Horizon. I am very happy for him.

Dunny.. I tried to call you last night..

Grim

Bruce has been out for years..

I did get a long message from him (not personally) and to say the least he is NOT HAPPY with the direction the company took after he sold.

Stuff I can not say here!

I also got a message from the VP.. he has not contacted me in the 3 years I have been gone so it was out the blue. Man.. he hummbled down.. said things.. good things... man I feel bad.

As it goes our buddy Russ DID get hired today at Horizon. I am very happy for him.

Dunny.. I tried to call you last night..

Grim
Hi Grim,

I know Bruce has been out for years, besides his utter disdain for the hobby in general I think it was pure luck he got out when he did. When he still was at Hobbico he refused to even speak about RC unless it was about the L-39 replica of his full size jet that he loved to fly. Other than that it was his corvette collection or firearms.

Back