This hobby is quickly getting out of hand...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Ellwood

Since finish building and performing test runs on a 42" Sprint Cat over the last weeks

IMG-20191015-WA0024.jpeg

Really happy with how its going, on the weekend I plan on playing with pipe lenght, prop positon and different props to see how it goes. I'll get some GoPro footage as well and share here if anyone is interested.

I had been planning (see other thread RE the CMB 90) to get something err bigger for some time. Well I caved and an order was placed with Prestwich Models for an Orion 48 Catamaran and it turned up today...this thing is...MASSIVE :D

20191017_114700.jpg

IMG-20191017-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20191017-WA0011.jpg

Now, before opening the box, I warned Dad that this will be expensive for him. He said why, I told him because when he sees it, he is going to want one! :D - I wasn't wrong, he is officially jealous and will probably order one for himself. He's got a 90 Engine in the shed ready to go in something already.

Anyway, ridiculously excited about this purchase, I had to share! This is only 6 inches longer than the Sprint Cat, but its an hell of a lot wider. It should be incredibly stable in the water!

20191017_162211.jpg

Looking forward to building this. Also when both of them are in the right colour ;) :D

Build quality from Dave Marles is top as expected. The hull is incredibly light and very strong, it should be a missile by the time its built.

Thanks! And yeah Dave has been excellent. Have known him and bought from him for many years now.

Started work on the Orion yesterday, this is going to be a fun build!

Back