Is this possible?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the prop isn't really a 435 anymore. Maybe he modified it to have super high pitch like a 5035. ;D

Oh,. and the ball bearing drive.....yeah,.. those add like 15mph!

Adjustable motor mount for drive angle? Looks like that brass tube is pretty secure on the transom.

Why is the turn fin on the left and the rudder on the right? Can he not make up his mind which way he'll turn?

45mph.......that was what the officer clocked him at on the way to the pond.

IMO the claims made are fraudulent ie the are made knowling them to be untrue in order to mislead the customer

the claims made excede all official records for the motor classes cited by a factor of up to 2. Those records were set by people with very precisley tuned and setup boats and motors and the best cells

the NAMBA record for an N1 mono is 24.3mph

the IMPBA record for an N1 mono 31 mph

the only monos to run 45 mph have been 8 cells plus

The hull pictured is cheap and a poor design the motor is snot the best boat motor

None of the equipment pictured especially the outdrive is cable of the speeds claimed except in the back seat of a car

Hmmm.. those stats are interesting. When was that IMPBA record set? ... I guess I could go look it up. I'd also be interested to know who set it. Was it Ed Hughey?

That's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks guys.

Propjockey Racing.....feeling better about my 15 MPH boat. ;D

The guy has taken one of the cheap hulls sold on eBay for $25, added a few cheapo parts and made bogus claims for the speeds. The record for a 6-cell ROAR hydro is just over 30 mph set last year by Chris Harris' rigger - I was one mph behind him with my Hearns hydro at the same event. I have the 4-cell record in a hydro at 45.72 mph. The seller is a liar, plain and simple. > :(

Realistic speeds are 18-20 mph for the 6-cell setup and maybe 25-27 mph for the 4-cell mod motor. That particular hull is not the best for handling or for speed.....but it is cheap and is probably not too bad for an entry-level boat. But those speeds... :p

LOL.

For kicks a freind and I bet on who could make the fastest JPK hull. I had a K&B .18 in mine and my friend had a .12 novarossi in his. He won and the top speed was 28mph.

If I were a betting man (I AM) I'd bet this guy wasn't telling the truth.

KB

hey Joe,

I was radared at 24. It would have gone faster, if I could have spent more time setting up the hull. I know it doesn’t sound fast, but it looked fast for that that 18" hull. I had it set up with some modified FE surface drive hardware from team-pirate. The mount and flywheel were octura. The radio box was homemade ABS. The tuned pipe was Macs for a 2.5-3.5cc. If you use this JPK hull, you'll have to put stringers in it to stiffen it up a bit and mount the hardware to. It was a pretty fun little boat. When the rear end would break loose it would spin and skip like a stone. :eek:

I sold the boat complete on Ebay to GixxrRed in Texas, he told me he had a blast with it. ;D

Back