Is This Considered OPC Legal? ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't the word "OUTBOARD" define itself? But then again I am a simpleton.
Not in racing it doesn't. But then, I'm a "rules lawyer"... so.
default_wink.png

Considering that the Cadwell design IS a legal OPC Tunnel in the real world, it just brought up the question for me initially. Love tinkering with "different".

However, at least for FE, it's clearly NOT, based on our rules, which I posted above.

BUT... I know how to modify the hull and unit to make it so, so if I get one, I may give those mods a go.
default_ph34r.png

Great decision Bob. They were allowed in the past so that was the right decision to "grandfather" those three boats.
Disregard - It certainly isnt my fight or worth my time, enjoy the ride............

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't the word "OUTBOARD" define itself? But then again I am a simpleton.
Not in racing it doesn't. But then, I'm a "rules lawyer"... so.
default_wink.png

Considering that the Cadwell design IS a legal OPC Tunnel in the real world, it just brought up the question for me initially. Love tinkering with "different".

However, at least for FE, it's clearly NOT, based on our rules, which I posted above.

BUT... I know how to modify the hull and unit to make it so, so if I get one, I may give those mods a go.
default_ph34r.png
Thats true Darin. You can make that design work within the current NAMBA rules with a couple changes to the transom to allow removal and mounting to transom as one complete unit.

Just to correct any impressions about the outboard hydro, it was designed and built by the very talented Mike Bontoft. I believe Rod Geraghty (spelling?) also built a similar outboard.

Lohring Miller
I don't think anyone is suggesting that rigger is illeagal...i think it was a great design innovation...I wish more people who get into designing their own stuff and building them to increase records all over the world.

When it comes to RC outboards, things like this unit (first post) will be fought over only by a small minority of the racers. In case you have not noticed in recent years the only class that gets top billing is twin hydro. No one cares anything about any small engine, entry level class in RC boat racing.

So, does this trend work? Well, the membership when I started was around 1200. Now it's like 900+.

Is it legal? According to what is stated in the rule book it is. But, lot of gray areas in the book on outboards.

Did not mean to get off topic. Just making a point that the people who should make a decision on things like this don't care.

Hi Kris ,

do you like my new outbord . Motor full watercooled ,ceramic bearing ,all outside mount stearable .Fin has to come will show later.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will require a shroud around the part of the prop above the water line

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back