Help needed identifying these items

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglong

Supporting Member
Please forgive me for asking all these questions, it's been years since I was into nitro boating.
Can someone tell me what these are for that are located in my engine compartment.
The first picture is had tubing connecting it to the front of the driveline. Also what oil work best to keep the driveline oiled.

Second picture this is connected to the fuel tank. The other tubing coming out of the fuel tank goes to the carb.

Lastly, what size tubing should I use the fuel line and water lines.

Thank guys much appreciated
Doug

Attachments

• 20230826_143655.jpg
    20230826_143655.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230826_143651.jpg
    20230826_143651.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
The first picture is the oil reservoir for the driveline. You fill it up from the right side until it starts coming out of the hole on the left. Then you put your finger over the hole and keep filling until you see the oil coming down the tubing that goes to the driveline. We use castor oil and it works well. You can buy it cheap by the gallon on Amazon.

The first picture is the oil reservoir for the driveline. You fill it up from the right side until it starts coming out of the hole on the left. Then you put your finger over the hole and keep filling until you see the oil coming down the tubing that goes to the driveline. We use castor oil and it works well. You can buy it cheap by the gallon on Amazon.
The second picture is an oiler also, should I keep both?
Also, what size of fuel line and water lines should I use.
Thanks

Prather large works for both.
May want to add a fuel filter in the pipe pressure line to keep the odd clump getting in your needle

Medium for water line, large for fuel- especially if you're going to burn 60%-65% in that 45. Medium is plenty big for engine cooling, considering we usually restrict cooling with large nitro percentages.

Last photo appears to be the unobtainium and defunct Wood RC Boat Racing Products shaft oiler....what's wrong with yours?...I wouldn't replace it for vanity's sake.

Oilers are easy to fabricate from carbon fiber tubes, plates, and rods, good epoxy...plus carbon fiber offers that defacto racing look. The Look.

I've got a few Wood oilers, in the package, but we're keeping them.

Back