Is RCRacingEvents.Com down :(

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using Ron's Race Control Event Manager for our race, and absolutely love working with it. I use it at the race site and can have class results post very quickly.

Ron has been very helpful and always a phone call away if a problem arises. Thanks Ron!
Do you have a link to this site? I tried to google "Ron's Race Control Event Manager" with no luck.

I am using Ron's Race Control Event Manager for our race, and absolutely love working with it. I use it at the race site and can have class results post very quickly.

Ron has been very helpful and always a phone call away if a problem arises. Thanks Ron!

Do you have a link to this site? I tried to google "Ron's Race Control Event Manager" with no luck.
Thanks Garry!

Karl you have a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the real shame is , you both have done a ton of thankless work to develop and refine your race management systems , and it appreciated by those that have actually USED both systems to run a race - print heat sheets- finalize scoring ect. Frankly , as pointed out , both have their up and downs so to speak. I liken it to NAMBA / IMPBA - your never gonna love everything both have to offer - so its best to find what works for you and run with it- contribute to it usefulness and make it grow. Bill is - pretty dead set - on the way he wants to handle what he has created , dont blame really him.

Ron is looking to re-represent himself with what Bill improved on - so there it is. nothing more or less - unless its made that way= you guys choice.

Decide what works for YOU and your club and run with it- bashing something that others have done to g

row what we all appreciate and use to promote and grow is counter productive unless you have the latest and greatest deal going- and we know thats not the case................

Wet side wet fella's ..........

I guess the real shame is , you both have done a ton of thankless work to develop and refine your race management systems , and it appreciated by those that have actually USED both systems to run a race - print heat sheets- finalize scoring ect. Frankly , as pointed out , both have their up and downs so to speak. I liken it to NAMBA / IMPBA - your never gonna love everything both have to offer - so its best to find what works for you and run with it- contribute to it usefulness and make it grow. Bill is - pretty dead set - on the way he wants to handle what he has created , dont blame really him.

Ron is looking to re-represent himself with what Bill improved on - so there it is. nothing more or less - unless its made that way= you guys choice.

Decide what works for YOU and your club and run with it- bashing something that others have done to g

row what we all appreciate and use to promote and grow is counter productive unless you have the latest and greatest deal going- and we know thats not the case................

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
I would of put the clapping hands one but couldn't find it. Excellent post Andy!

To the point. We all want what's user friendly, consistent, and hope all is well.Thanks Drew.

RP

Aaaand it's down again.
Works fine here- maybe instead of threads here on IW Terry, you should contact RB and see if you and namba can iron out his problems and offer the same deal you did Bill , you obviously already know where Bill stands
default_sleep.png

Drew's the voice of reason???? Has the earth reversed it's poles or sumthin......LOL!

Good advice, if you have something better, offer it - if not, well then. What Bill does is free & available to all. Is it perfect, no - but what is in this world? At least Obummer ain't involved!!

Terry, you should contact RB and see if you and namba can iron out his problems and offer the same deal you did Bill , you obviously already know where Bill stands
Is Ron "Race Craft Bearings"? We used that back in 2005.

Bills works great until you can't access it.

I don't know where NAMBA is on the race management/software idea. I'm not on the board or anything anymore. Just a racer. Wahoo! Life is good.

I know Bill is anti exchange of dollars where the the event manager is concerned. I'm totally cool with that. However, If he charged just $10 a race that might pay to keep it on a server that doesn't crash once per week.

I have not been on as Race Craft Bearings in years that business has been gone since 2006 when I dropped out to take care of family.

FYI to all,

There is nothing wrong with the hardware or the site.

I live in an area where unfortunately the broadband is less than ideal. I just got a hard wire installed last week so now it should be better. I thank all for their patience.

I do ask a simple question for those of you who are complaining. How much effort, time, and money would you put into something your not getting paid to do? I would bet not anywhere near what I have. Not bad considering I haven't even raced in over three years.

Haters gonna hate...

PS* Terry, considering what the clubs make off of a big race I would be charging LOT more than $10 a race. A dollar a boat would not be unreasonable.

Just saying...

Peace out.

/B

"PS* Terry, considering what the clubs make off of a big race I would be charging LOT more than $10 a race."

Yeah, but they shouldn't be. That's the wrong reason to host a race IMO. I was merely suggesting something to offset the cost of making it more stable. I was thinking $10 for even small club races. Those aren't money makers at all. It would be sort of somewhere in between what it's worth and nothing. IDK. Not so much that people would whine about it but not so little as to be completely free either.

I hope my comments didn't come off as horribly critical. I love the software and have only been frustrated with the down spots. Sounds like maybe you've found a fix.

I hear ya on the time thing. I spend a gob of time on the hobby not getting paid for it too. Tech support on boats alone.................ack. Can't even put a number on that. Putting on races pays .....ah........exactly zero dollars. For everything else, there's Mastercard. haha

Good thing it's fer fun.

FYI to all,

There is nothing wrong with the hardware or the site.

I live in an area where unfortunately the broadband is less than ideal. I just got a hard wire installed last week so now it should be better. I thank all for their patience.

I do ask a simple question for those of you who are complaining. How much effort, time, and money would you put into something your not getting paid to do? I would bet not anywhere near what I have. Not bad considering I haven't even raced in over three years.

Haters gonna hate...

PS* Terry, considering what the clubs make off of a big race I would be charging LOT more than $10 a race. A dollar a boat would not be unreasonable.

Just saying...

Peace out.

/B
Considering how you have stepped back for the time being- the fact you still offer what you do for us at zero cost is respectable , even for a guy named Fingers -
default_laugh.png
Now get your lazy azz off the scooters and your island blend
default_wink.png
and break out a boat and come to Sowega for SOS night racing .

YOU KNOW you loved it last time biotch and Im calling you out .............
default_happy.png

Plus it wont be as cold under the lights this year ............

Lets go have some fun .

Its Herbie BTW , Maybe he just shows at Sowega Robert , we know your not so , when your ready to come play you let us know- The road trip and head check will do you well
default_ph34r.png

I be at the HERBIE race already have the time off and hotel set, oh also did you send the stickers if you did never got them

"SOS night racing" .

Awesome. Is there any video kicking around of this? Always wanted to do it.

Latest posts

Back