Is Lohring Miller still on here?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, hang-on, aren't all the ponds solid ice now? Lucky enough we don't get that problem in OZ.

My pond isn't solid ice, and I'm lucky that the banks are soft mud. On my last datalogger test session I had a throttle glitch and ran my new Quickdraw powered rigger into the bank. While completing repairs I decided that the ignition noise was getting into the data logger through the temperature probe wrapped around the spark plug. The engine has an electronic ignition with a very strong spark. I wonder if some of my other recording problems may be from ignition noise as well. Mike Bontoft's tests in his 110 mph rigger only measured rpm and used a separate battery for the recorder. I'm planning use a seperate battery now. I have the software and hardware to test the water pickup, but need to get boats ready for the new season before I try them.

Lohring Miller

I got mine a few days ago and have just set up the system on my laptop for "live mode" display. I haven't mounted anything yet because I'm building a new tub. It is cool to watch the temp read-out go up and down on the laptop screen and to see the throttle and steering gauges moving and all with no wires. Did you get a reading on how big the glitch was?

Back