Is it just me

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Im over going into a store and getting treated like IM a pain in the employee's azz just for coming in .
blink.gif

It used to be kinda just the fast food industry , but more and more it seems to be spilling over to more places I SPEND MY MONEY.

Now forgive me if I seem pissed- BUT ......

Im spending MY money in your place of business and YOUR employee's could care less
huh.gif

Guess what -I'm NOT COMING BACK !!!!!!

Im over it and screw you . Im gonna complain like a 90 year old pita till someone gets the picture-

IM SICK OF IT .

This country and the respect and values that USED to go along with it have gone to CRAP , period.

My child will be raised with respect and honor, no matter the cost.

Thanks you for my ten second rant-

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, I agree 100%. We have one on the way also, and it wont be raised like most of my generation, or the current ones were raised. There is no respect anymore. period. Its horrid!!

thats what always happen with people that dont have respect for customers and thats not right.. I agree with you and Rodney 100%. its disturbing to hear this.

julian

It seems if they do help, the just scam you anyways... Wifes cell phone for example.... Sales boy says,,,, Free phone, cancel the other in a few months, Blah, blah, blaa... Now I'm paying a extra 25 a month for a third line............... :blink:

I agree also & I think it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have lost the core values of this country.. that is where it all starts.. now the whole world is controlled by money.. that and the fact that people just plain don't care

i got two guys that work for me and if i don't stay on top of them ALL DAY LONG then they just mess around and lad de da all day.

i don't get it.. if you sign up for a job. you know what the job intales.. and the pay. if you don't like it, QUIT.. it won't hurt mine or anyone elses feels.. just don't make sence. that is why hiring people and finding GOOD people are so tuff

so i know your pain.

chris

Its about "ME"....its about a growing number of people who for some strange reason think they are "owed" or "entitled" to something for doing nothing but breathing and taking up space....they seem to think that because they are Americans they deserve to be garunteed a life of wealth and ease.....THEY COME FIRST...so they think.......its also about greed and arrogance for those who have done well..thinking they are so well off that they dont have to deal with such trivial things as respect, consideration, courtesy, or even thinking of others perhaps not so forunate...I GOT MINE,too bad for you...no need to be held responsible for my actions, i can just BUY my or my kids way out of it...and what do those kids learn? That its OKAY to do that! There are alot of good, considerate, hard working people out there, and the chances are that they learned those VIRTUES from good, hard working , decent PARENTS....we gotta get back to the basics, and it starts with each and every one of us and what we do each and every day...even the smallest posititive action can make a difference.

Its about "ME"....its about a growing number of people who for some strange reason think they are "owed" or "entitled" to something for doing nothing but breathing and taking up space....they seem to think that because they are Americans they deserve to be garunteed a life of wealth and ease.....THEY COME FIRST...so they think.......its also about greed and arrogance for those who have done well..thinking they are so well off that they dont have to deal with such trivial things as respect, consideration, courtesy, or even thinking of others perhaps not so forunate...I GOT MINE,too bad for you...no need to be held responsible for my actions, i can just BUY my or my kids way out of it...and what do those kids learn? That its OKAY to do that! There are alot of good, considerate, hard working people out there, and the chances are that they learned those VIRTUES from good, hard working , decent PARENTS....we gotta get back to the basics, and it starts with each and every one of us and what we do each and every day...even the smallest posititive action can make a difference.
amen

amen
It starts with the little stuff imho -

I hold the door for people at stores- man /woman/black/white/yellow/blue- IT DONT MATTER - its courtesy.
rolleyes.gif

I let people in in traffic- (when they deserve it -lol)
laugh.gif

I say thank you and yes Sr/ yes Mam to my elders or most anyone waiting on me.

The bottom line is, my daughter(@ 6 ) knows just from watching her mother and myself ,

That those same things are expected of her, and anyone here that has met her will attest for that.

Its been a generation of displaced parents that have gotten us where we are, Im not perfect-

But at least I will sleep well knowing Im trying to do the right thing and trying to break this misfit path we are on
wink.gif

Once again-

Thanks for my 2 min rant
ph34r.gif

Andy

Amen Andy!! Thats a huge problem. Parents now days are scared to be "parents". They want to be friends to there kids. Time to step it back up like it used to be. Your not a friend to your children, your a PARENT. Teach them right from wrong, and respect, and the world will automatically become a better place. One person at a time.

Andy, hmmmm....maybe we came from the same parents??? Im a nats ass from 53 years of age,and i STILL do all those things you mentioned...and i did em when i was 18! Now i do em outta spite :lol: , and because it makes me feel GOOD! Rodney.....you NAILED it my friend! My parents didnt ask me to be courteous, respectful, etc..........THEY DEMANDED IT!..OR ELSE! I will say that the few people who seem to have held on to those virtues are those who have served in the military, or whose PARENTS served....except for Julian, who doesnt respect ANYTHING, especially my bottle of WINDEX!! :lol: :lol: ! Just MESSIN MAN! :)

Bill, Im only 26 years young, and neither of my parents served in the military. They just raised me to have those virtues. And I respect them greatly for that! I wish I could say the same for everyone.

I see a huge lack in respect for women too. When I was growing up my mother would wait at the door until I came and opened it. Now that may be a little excessive, but both my sons of 7 and 9 years old will go and open the door when a woman is in front of them.

That entitlement thing gets me too,.. now I know every body can use a little help from time to time,.. but overall, we deserve what we earn.. period! In america you are entitled to one thing,.. the opportunity to make something of yourself.. what you do with it all up to you... Glod bless America!!!!

you know... I'm 30 I feel the same way, but it wasn't just my parents that taught me respect dignity and honor. it was my whole family. nothing was worse then at a family gathering when you got the cold shoulder because you cut in line for food, or didn't say please when asking for something. what my parents taught me my family reinforced. with simple action of rewarding the good, and behaving the way they knew they were supposed to.

my boss still laughs about this. someone hit the work trailer breaking the light, and drove off while it was parked at a gas station. I was the one pulling the trailer, a few days later I found a place that could get the light, and I went out and bought a new light with my own money. I put the light on during my unpaid lunch. i didn't complain and i did it with a smile. the trailer was my responsibility and I owned up to the fact it got damaged while I was responsible for it, and I willingly took it into my own hands to fix it. and I would do it again 100 times over.

I totally agree that parents are not teaching their children. Of course that would mean that they would have to actually talk to them! Between the TV, phone, ipod and computer, parents don't even interact with their kids!

Latest posts

Back