Is FSR-V dead in Australia?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

Well is it?

Is the Multi-boat a relic in Australian history??

Do I finally retire my Zircon???

Should we try to save X Multi??

EMS Racing I will race anything!!!

Craig,

There is some multi racing in Victoria, but I think it is mostly petrol. Talk to Craig Knight about it, he races one. 21 multi's still race in Adelaide with reasonable numbers.

The problem with trying to get Multi going again at a national level is the oval guys wont want run it, especially if it is just going to be one class. Even in Adelaide we run it completely seperately from the oval racing on different days. Where we run it would probably almost be dangerous to run 45's or larger. I could ask about getting 21 Multi on the Nats entry form, but it is not really a nats with 10 SA blokes and one Vic!

Where we race the driver rescues his own boat by wading in the water. Running on the oval racing water for X Multi would require the rescue boat to be manned. Unfortunately Multi is great to do, but dull to watch so getting people to run it can be hard!

Nitrocrazed racing: Will race for food....

Hi Guy's,

It's a pity that Multi racing is all but dead as it teaches a lot about driving in traffic, boat set-up and from recent experience reliability as compared to oval boats.

It was a good introduction for people who make not want to go round and round in circles - through in a left hand turn to sort people out. As always those that want to go faster and faster will always push towards oval. If the trend continues we could end up with RC boat drag racing as most people can get a boat to go in a straight line (sort of) don't have to worry about being able to steer at all then. Hey why don't we all just do tether boats and reduce the weight (no radio, pesky rudders, etc) and go even faster.

That's enough of my stirring the pot.

GT

Back