Is a super tiger .18 worth modding

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James montgomery

Eant to know eht i can do yo pull more power out of this super tiger 18, porting , crank modd, modding the case, any info would,be nice

James

get rid of the roto start...you can raise induction timing.. run 50% in it...play the head shim game...they like rpm,,small prop... spin it as high as she will allow you... may be just me,,, but was never impressed with them..

alden

Hasnt impressed me much yet, i run a 438 prop but was thinking of going to a 437 and toke a shim out will see if i can gain anything with that. The ports look way to small to even do port modds on it.

sure no problem james... send it through..... is this in a miss vegas??? or??? if its in a miss vegas,,, a x438 is way to big.... that prop needs to be reduced to 36mm... even that 437 which im assuming is a 3 blade is gonna be way more than that engine can even spin.... y535 will work well for you......

ill pm you my address....

wht would be a good prop on the jae with that moter. can i run a bigger prop i have a 440 back cut prop would that work well on there i have a 437 on it right now

I have a os tz i can put in it it has a water cooling head on it already but it is hard to start. How much u selling yours for anyways

Eant to know eht i can do yo pull more power out of this super tiger 18, porting , crank modd, modding the case, any info would,be nice

James
You can do some mods to make the ST run better but they are not really suited for the JAE. The NR or the OS TZ are much better for the JAE.

This boat is just for fun correct, you dont plan on racing? modded .18's would probably run in the .21 class, although some .12 guys wouldnt mind them in with there .12's

Ive seen these run with the 12 novas and they will spank the supper kitten lol,if your gona race that would be my choice.

This is just for fun right now until i can find a good 12 for it. I modded crank and put bigger bore carb and toke a shim out and ported sleave

you can get that older model picco 12 7 port design for like $60 from ofna warehouse. The crank is a little small but for the $$ it cannot be beat..

Here is the 3 port version.. IT's not a TZ, but it's way faster than any of the engines that come in the RTR boats. (well,.. at least that I have seen) http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-51121-Picco-12-3-Port-rear-Exhaust-Engine-w-SG-Crank-Shaft-/280792530275?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416089fd63

I run this in a Wild Thing .12 and it's truly overpowered.. big fun to run..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a os tz but for some reason my belt start has a problem spining it with plug in. Acks like crank is bent
I have good luck with tuning the plug out a turn and starting it like that. Once started keep it reved and tighten the plug back up. Some of the high compression motors can be a pain in the rear when cold, usually when warmed up they start easier.

Back