Introduction - New to the Forum

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Cruz

I couldn't find an introduction forum... So I'm posting this here... Please bear with me if I'm in the wrong place.

Good morning gentlemen! This club is pretty exclusive - Took me a couple of tries to get in, even while using a private-owned email. Didn't quite get the "use your real name" thing. Haha. Danny Cruz by the way, just in case it doesn't show.

Anyway, on to the intro... I joined 2 other RC forums recently, and Mr. Ron Olson recommended I join here. Rodney Pierce helped me get in. Thanks to them. I'm getting back into the RC boats hobby after being away for 17 years. I got introduced to the hobby in Puerto Rico in the 90's when the hobby was booming there. I used to live in front of the main lake where they would hold races and events just about every Sunday. Those where the days of nitro only, where OPS was king and Aeromarine hulls where aplenty. Any of you guys from the Puerto Rico scene.

My brother and I where in our early teens and we each built a boat. I built a Dumas Scarab 45 and he put together a Prather Lap Cat III with a K&B .67 outboard. We still have those boats over in PR. I want to get mine shipped over soon in order to upgrade it and get it running again.

In the meantime, I'll be building a little .21 vee and quite possibly also an OB tunnel .21 - I was going to jump into gas, but I decided to relive the days of nitro again.

I'll be here often. Not so much for the next couple of weeks as I have huge deadlines at work right now. But... In the next few weeks as I start building, I might be be often to drive all you guys nuts with questions! Hehe.

Have a good one, Danny

Danny, glad to see you made it!! You will love it here. Way more knowledge packed into one place then any one person knows what to do with!!

Thank you guys. I intend to take in all the info I can. :) Maybe one day I'll race one of you guys. Hehe. Very excited to be back in the hobby.

me alegro que estes aqui panita. welcome back to the hobby we have a wealth of knowledge about any boat, setup tips just pretty much about anything on here. welcome to IW

Julian Conde

IW Administrator

@julianconde - Liking that little flag in your avatar! :D Did you ever race in PR? More specifically, Levittown?

@julianconde - Liking that little flag in your avatar! :D Did you ever race in PR? More specifically, Levittown?
i never got a chance to race in puerto rico. but i know some friends in Puerto rico that race here in the states.

931-216-1830 my cell call me when you get a chance ok.

Julian Conde

me alegro que estes aqui panita. welcome back to the hobby we have a wealth of knowledge about any boat, setup tips just pretty much about anything on here. welcome to IW

Julian Conde

IW Administrator
And now you have met Julian... The resident keyboard racer extraordinaire! We call him trunk monkey. Don't even ask why. Brings back too many bad memories for him. B)

Welcome to the board!

/B

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bill, haha, I guess I'll find out at some point. I see this is quite a tight knit group.

@Julian - I'll give you call in a bit... Wrapping up a few things for the day.

key board racer.. my signature says different lol.. yup trunk monkey thats my nickname.

julian

OMG :lol: :lol:

We Love You Julian, You Know That!!!!!!!!!!!

Julian Conde

IW Administrator
And now you have met Julian... The resident keyboard racer extraordinaire! We call him trunk monkey. Don't even ask why. Brings back too many bad memories for him. B)

Welcome to the board!

/B

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the "madhouse" Danny. You're going to find most here really do know what they're talking about

Julian, your signature doesn't say why you stood me up in Madison last month :p

@Hydro Junkie - Hehe, good to know I'm amongst people that know what they are talking about! :)

@Ron - Yep! I'm here and stoked! Very happy so far.

Danny, what did I tell yah. Told you this place would blow you away with knowledge. You could browse for weeks on end, and still have plenty to look at.

Ain't that the truth. The part that is really scary is when you start working with someone here in the forum, you'll normally find that you're working with anywhere from 4-10 before all is said and done

I know Julian, just had to razz you a bit :p

Back