??Intlwaters Fun Run Weekend??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joliet sounds great, guys come check out the beautifull windy city. Now is this a race for where you need cards?? to run or a FUN weekend??

tom

MY intent with this was to have a "fun run" where we can get together & run our boats, socialize, show off our boats, & run our boats. Maybe share some ideas in person. Not everyone is into racing, so I figured it would be a great opportunity for everyone to hang out with fellow boat nuts. ;D Maybe we could have some contests, like best mono, best rigger, best scale, best tunnel, etc. Maybe we could get some sponsors like Ron & I could give a HH12 away as a prize, or something. Not to compare, but the Airplane guys have "Fun Fly’s" all the time to promote there hobby. That was kind of what my intent was.

A "FUN FLOAT"! ;D

Fun-flys were my favorite 'events' when I did the plane thing...very diverse selection of models, lot's of comradery and idea exchanges. You got see everybody's latest 'pride and joy' AND their tried and true favorite, get building & set-up tips and ideas, and do some really off the wall competitions.

Usually more visiting than flying though.

wade,

i didn't hear you mention best OB rigger in that!! ;D ;)

depending on when it is i might be able to convince my dad to take me up there by train. a sponsored raffle with an HH .12 or some other sweet boat would be fun and beneficial to the sponsor.

Joe

The Indy Model Boat Club holds (held?) a fun day with different types of competition like "How slow can you go?" and others that I can't remember. Maybe a Sprint Boat type of competition where you have to go around a course with lefts and rights timed with only one boat at a time. Or just plain Oval racing.

Oh yeah, you'd have to be a member of this site to be there. That would eliminate Gary Preusse from blowing us off the water! ;D

How about a balloon pop? Attach a small weight (nut?) to the balloons with a short length of thread and drop them in the water. Tape a pin to the nose of the boat (or sponson) and drive around a timed course popping as many as you can along the way.

Or a tug-o-war! THAT would be an exercise in prop selection, wouldn't it!

Howsabout a good O'l Dragrace, two laps ta build some heat, line em up and first one ta the other end WINS!!!!!

He,He

Might have a unfair advantage there, but hey sounds like fun ta me :eek:

Gene ;D

Hey I like that, "Sharkbait" might do a graphic of that ;)

I wont have a SAW hull ready, but I do have a suprize engine for the Bandit 30 that should be done by that time,

He,He, I'll never tell!!!!!!!! :p

Gene ;D

ok guys.... case you did not figure it out i was gone last week....

i like the idea. I believe it would not have to be sanctioned but you would have to show proof your in either impba or namba for insurance reasons.

my big question would be...... how many people would actually show up? this is after all the WORLD wide web and it is a big world!

I have thought about doing a intlwaters.com heat race series..... sort of an honesty system of "X" amount of races anyone attends and keep score. that way we could all "race" each other from around the world by attending any sanctioned race..... what ya think of that idea?

Tom,

How would holding either NAMBA or IMPBA card help out? When I raced back in the early 90's, IMPBA would only cover insurance if it was a 'sanctioned' event. At least that was my understanding. Since this will most likely not be sanctioned by either, don't see how holding a card would help. Maybe I need to review the current bylaws of these two groups. Only a thought.

Mark.

namba will cover you anywhere, impba will cover you on any registered body of water.... thats my understanding. you could always do the single event thing for $10 i think

Back