insane gen3 cat set up for offshore

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonBoushard

Hey guys I am a FE guy and I have never built a gas boat before but I want to race in offshore so I have some set up questions. the things I do know is I need to offset the strut a bit I know how to install the radio gear and build radio box and I know to get the cg around 33-36%. What I dont know is what all do I need for the engine and what would be a good solid performing engine pipe set up for offshore. some other question I have is what kind of spare parts should I have onhand incase something fails at the lake? My goal is to get it set up and ready by next years race season.

I posted here because I didnt see a offshore or tunnel/cat section

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gen 3 cat is one of the best running cat out there, set it up just like Insane's set up sheet and it will run fine. As far as engine and pipe goes you can run just about any combo there is and be happy. Most offshore courses have at least one hard left so you will need a torque engine however most off shore courses also have a couple of pretty long straights so something that revs would be to your advantage there. I am partial to Quick Draws. The high torque motor is a very good engine that has tons of torque as well as more RPM then a Zenoah. Their new Pioneer is supposed to be even better. It is hard to beat the price for an engine package from Quick Draw considering what you are getting.

You could also get a Zenoah bottom end and an RCMK top end, take the base gasket out and arch the exhaust port, that will get you a pretty hot motor with not a lot of cost invested in it. That engine would run well with a band pipe for the low end torque.

No matter what setup you get it will come down to the prop, Prop Works or Prop Works West will get you close but you will still need to do the finial tweaking to get the most out of it.

Hope this helps, Justin

Latest posts

Back