Inquiring About Ski

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Muro

Supporting Member
I was thinking will a ski as in the JAE rigger work on other riggers that have rear sponsons? This would eliminate some drag I think. What are you thought on this do you think it is worth a try? Also to the JAE guys would following your dimensions work on most rigger designs? This will be tried on a FF 21 rigger. Thanks Jerry

I was thinking will a ski as in the JAE rigger work on other riggers that have rear sponsons? This would eliminate some drag I think. What are you thought on this do you think it is worth a try? Also to the JAE guys would following your dimensions work on most rigger designs? This will be tried on a FF 21 rigger. Thanks Jerry
Jerry, I think that is a good question. I have a Prather Spitfire I that uses a "ski" with rear sponsons and it rips!(70+ MPH with a Gardner exhaust throttle and Garcia Mini Marine pipe...and some other Mods) Even though it is an outboard outrigger, the prop is still set at the same depth as the JAE's (Ski height). I think that it is DEFINATELY beneficial without a doubt!! The JAE's are a new breed of rigger that have proven alot so far (hats off Team JAE!)! The Spitfire that I have is 15+ years old and the same technology still exists!! :D

-Kent

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t that what Jerry was asking about? Adding a center "ski" or "shoe" to a boat that has existing rear sponsons?

:)

-Buck-

Thanks for the replys I have one phone call to make and then it is test test test. Hopefully I will keep everyone posted.

Buck that is what I am asking how did yours work?? Jerry

Boatnutz, use a wide rear ski that is flat (no slope) like the JAE boats, not like the SGX. You wont need the traditional rear sponsons at all.

Jr.

Thanks for the replys I have one phone call to make and then it is test test test. Hopefully I will keep everyone posted.

Buck that is what I am asking how did yours work?? Jerry
Works great Jerry.

-Buck-

Back