IMRON COLOURS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david cox

I have been using Imron paint with great success over the years, but find that my local supplier is unable to get Imron paint in some of those funky NEON colours. I am hoping to stay with Imron, as I still have a good supply of 192S Activator and Clear Coat as well.

Has anyone else had any luck in getting any funky colours in the Imron paint?

Also, if I am able to find some Neon colours, is it necessary to prime the boat first with white primer? Will grey primer work?

Thanks, David

David

I am using House Of Colors Neons

You can prime with any color BUT it changes the final color.

To get custom effects I sometimes add color to the white base coat.

Mike

BTW My guy couldn't get any neons in Imron.

When I was involved in the Autobody Buis Imron had it's own Clear in with the color. All "Neon's" or "DayGlo" like additives were used in clear shot over white,I've had success with Neons over high solids Silver to give it a "Pearl Like" hue,,it was different at the time. Test panels on sheet metal stock is always the best way to go before you start stacking paint on your "Pride n Joy. I used DuPont products when I first started out and went to "Ditzler" soon after, many years ago :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I get "House of Colours" paint? Does it come in a spray bomb, or can I use my paint gun and compressor?

Thanks, David

A lot of Auto paint stores carry House of Color paint concentrate power you mix in to your clear..Best to ask around and see who carry costom paints..

david cox said:
Where can I get "House of Colours" paint? Does it come in a spray bomb, or can I use my paint gun and compressor?
Thanks, David

97639[/snapback]

check locally first. there are places online too. just google. here's one-

HOK Neons

Neon Color Chart

I recommend getting a tech manual, they're free from hok, or reading them HERE.

I've never used it, but I think the "Kosmic Glo" powder is for mixing with clear-

House of Kolor stuff

ps- oh, I thought the glo stuff was neon, but it is glow-in-the-dark paint. anyhow, they have neon paint, albeit 2-stage

Last edited by a moderator:
Back