IMPBA Votes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please read each ballot esp the last one regarding the last ten seconds of mill time "3. During the last 10 seconds of Clock Time, or boats passing the No. 4 buoy must

maintain their lane, and observe driver safety in selecting lanes. Zigzagging,

"S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction

with either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed. " This has an impact on all our heat racing

Tried to login to vote, but wouldn't let me. It said I needed to renew my membership, but I already have my 2013 card. Sent my membership in with the club application. So guess I can't vote.

Tried to login to vote, but wouldn't let me. It said I needed to renew my membership, but I already have my 2013 card. Sent my membership in with the club application. So guess I can't vote.
You can always mail it in... Or try to contact Chris Rupley to help [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys if your having problems trying to sign in the site

you can always send your vote in to your district director.

then your vote will counted.

Regards

Luc

Please read each ballot esp the last one regarding the last ten seconds of mill time "3. During the last 10 seconds of Clock Time, or boats passing the No. 4 buoy must

"S" turns, or fishtailing to delay crossing the start line will draw an infraction

with either a one lap penalty or possible disqualification being assessed. " This has an impact on all our heat racing
Not so sure this worked out so well i liked maintaining a straight lane after bouy 6 rule. I voted NO

Everyone please the proposal closely, it's 10 seconds OR passing buoy #4 not both. The 10 second part is directed towards those doing the creepy crawly to the start line and for those of us on plane and at speed it's after you pass buoy 4. This proposal is designed to clear up changing lanes and drive erratically in the last corner as it happens way too often.

why would anyone vote against a clean start, unless they misunderstood the proposal............

Don I tried to vote. IMPBA Site says I am expired. Also got this email

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:57 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: www.impba.net - IMPBA Membership Expiration

Your IMPBA membership is expired (or is about to). Please visit the website at www.impba.net and login to renew.

Thank you,

IMPBA

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from www.impba.net (http://www.impba.net).

you have to have a rule, before you can judge it, phil ;) . i will agree, not all rules are enforced the same at various sites............

Everyone please the proposal closely, it's 10 seconds OR passing buoy #4 not both. The 10 second part is directed towards those doing the creepy crawly to the start line and for those of us on plane and at speed it's after you pass buoy 4. This proposal is designed to clear up changing lanes and drive erratically in the last corner as it happens way too often.
Don is exactly right. This rule makes for smoother starts without a bunch of chaos coming around the corner to the start line. The old rule is 15 seconds or bouy 6. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The board has had a lot of discussion on all these proposals thats why they were passed for the 1 year trial. You can send your votes snail mail, e-mail to your district director, or vote online. You have 30 days to get your votes in. For you guys that can't get on the site, contact me and we will get you taken care of. [email protected]

Not so sure this worked out so well
Phil please give examples where this didn't "work out" or are you just offering up unsubstantiated opinion or speculation? The only ones I see it not working out well for are the ones who commit the foul and get busted for it. If a driver holds his line in the corner coming around for the start like he's supposed to it's a non issue. ;)

Same for me, I have had my card in hand for a month. Guess the updating of the members is behind.

I vote no also. Too many rules and too many quick to judge. It is hard enough to determine if someone jumps the start. So

a minor shift in position could be judge a major shift by the CD and be penalized. Just race and try to be clean on the start. Before long if one passes a little "GAS" when they come to bouy 4 in all of excitement of the start he will be disqualified. There is nothing like finding a "HOLE" and blowing through. If we get more rules, racing will be come about as interesting as sitting on the porch and watching the grass grow.

Don is exactly right. This rule makes for smoother starts without a bunch of chaos coming around the corner to the start line. The old rule is 15 seconds or bouy 6. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The board has had a lot of discussion on all these proposals thats why they were passed for the 1 year trial. You can send your votes snail mail, e-mail to your district director, or vote online. You have 30 days to get your votes in. For you guys that can't get on the site, contact me and we will get you taken care of. [email protected]
I just don't recall this being used at races I was at last year. I was just thinking we already have lane infraction rules. Seems like a good rule but makes for more work for the judges. Im just one vote so Im sure if it is a good rule and makes people drive better everyone will vote for it.

I just don't recall this being used at races I was at last year. I was just thinking we already have lane infraction rules. Seems like a good rule but makes for more work for the judges. Im just one vote so Im sure if it is a good rule and makes people drive better everyone will vote for it.
This trial rule was IN PLACE at the 2012 IMPBA INTERNATS in Charleston and was enforced. You attended the event. However, after it was explained to all racers at the first drivers meeting, everyone cooperated well and no DQ's were called. The CD team had a 30 minute discussion on this one rule the day before racing started and devised the means to call it by the intent of the rule among all of us. We found it actually cleaned up the racing around the right turn just before the race starts. After the race starts and the boats get by the carnage always at the left turn on lap one, all was good. We continued to use the rule for the remainder of the race season.

Same for me, I have had my card in hand for a month. Guess the updating of the members is behind.
Don I tried to vote. IMPBA Site says I am expired. Also got this email

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:57 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: www.impba.net - IMPBA Membership Expiration

Your IMPBA membership is expired (or is about to). Please visit the website at www.impba.net and login to renew.

Thank you,

IMPBA

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from www.impba.net (http://www.impba.net).
I'll get it taken care of guys.

This trial rule was IN PLACE at the 2012 IMPBA INTERNATS in Charleston and was enforced. You attended the event. However, after it was explained to all racers at the first drivers meeting, everyone cooperated well and no DQ's were called. The CD team had a 30 minute discussion on this one rule the day before racing started and devised the means to call it by the intent of the rule among all of us. We found it actually cleaned up the racing around the right turn just before the race starts. After the race starts and the boats get by the carnage always at the left turn on lap one, all was good. We continued to use the rule for the remainder of the race season.
Yes it worked extremely well at the Nats, so good in fact that Phil didn't even remember it. :lol: :p ;)

Back