IMPBA Sport 20/40 2012 Rule Proposal, Author Needs Input Please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROBERT IS ABSOLUTLY DEAD ON. we need to get out of the mentallty this is the way we have always done it..

Boating is filled with veteran people.. not alot of NEWBIES. and this kind of thing makes it just that much harder for a newb to do or want to do.

kinda like the internats and the downward spiral that has taken over the yrs but that is a different conversation for a differnent time

at the end of the day. sport is sport. not scale.. you want a scale looking boat.. build a scale.. sport is something totally different. and as far as i am concerned by definition is supposed to be a class the newbs can get into.. so the last thing we need is more rules to complicate things.

chris

ROBERT IS ABSOLUTLY DEAD ON. we need to get out of the mentallty this is the way we have always done it..

Boating is filled with veteran people.. not alot of NEWBIES. and this kind of thing makes it just that much harder for a newb to do or want to do.

kinda like the internats and the downward spiral that has taken over the yrs but that is a different conversation for a differnent time

at the end of the day. sport is sport. not scale.. you want a scale looking boat.. build a scale.. sport is something totally different. and as far as i am concerned by definition is supposed to be a class the newbs can get into.. so the last thing we need is more rules to complicate things.

chris
DING! DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! It's just my opinion but this post from Chris is spot on. :)

Are we all talking about the same thing here? It sounds like you guys are talking about the strut thing, whereas I'm talking about the hull design proposal.

If you are talking about the hull design proposal and you think that preventing riggers in the sport 20/40 class is going to hinder more newbies getting involved, by all means, vote the rule proposal down. I can't for the life of me figure out how preventing this hurts the class or keeps new people from getting involved in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have to take caliber to a race to make shure your boat meet All of the rules then its just to much..Lets just have fun.Oh I guess i cant build a scale of the lobster cuse it lokks to much like a riger.

When you have to take caliber to a race to make shure your boat meet All of the rules then its just to much..Lets just have fun.Oh I guess i cant build a scale of the lobster cuse it lokks to much like a riger.
I hear ya Robert, rules can ruin the fun, but sometimes they have their place.

Fortunately, you won't need a caliper to prevent a hull like the one below from running in the sport 20/40 class. ;)

Gas Sport Hydro.jpg

I do agree some rules are needed,Hopefully there for the better of the sport.I know you dont want to run prop planes with jets,lol.

chris
I for one could not disagree more.

We have outrigger.. hard to gain that special "advantage" in a class that has VERY few limits like the out rigger classes.. but take that same mentality in a class like a sport hydro class that has a tighter rule set and its a different ball game. Its a challange to "bust" the rule set to get that WIN!

Grim

While I do not want to see "reskinned" riggers in sport 40 class at the same time this "well that's the way it's always been" in regards to say the strut location doesn't fly with me either. Hopefully out of all this we can achieve a reasonable compromise. We shall see...............

Whatever you come up with,please just don't make it where I need a new build every year. I don't need to keep up with the Jones'. Remember also, there isn't a rigger with the strut underneath. Why is that? Advantage? Yes? No? Tom

Im also of the opinion......if its not broken why change it. Paul has the revisions, someone from d-1was goin to submit the strut rule..... Time to see where it goes

again final time i comment on this. if you always did what you always done.. you always get what you always have gotten. that is partialy why we are having this conversation.

good luck to all that partake in the making of the RULES LOL!! i for one would have to carry a gun and a axe if i was involved.

chris

Now that we CAN agree on Chris.. Sport 20/40 IS WORKING NOW.. BUT/AND.. it needs to change to retain the same GREAT racing its famous for!

Allow it to change on its “lack of rules” and it soon becomes a “basterd boat” like Gas Sport Hydro!

Grim

Robert, Why.. do Chevettes and Pintos make for bad racing.. Have you seen 4 bangers race at the local red neck night!..lol..

Grim

lol I had a Chevett and ya there was nothing pretty about it.Ran good tho.LOL ,But i dont thinck i would race it.

Lol Corey,Ya i would wrather be a bastard than a mixed up kid with a dad dont love me and drincks to much.ROFLMAO

This is the exact reason we stopped racing scale boats. Change the strut rule to run what you brung and please dont let the sport nitro boats turn into the gas style boats.

Back