IMPBA Sport 20/40 2012 Rule Proposal, Author Needs Input Please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike

There does need to be a vote to remove the fog

Its a great time of year for alot of us in build mode, would be a shame to wait till the beginning of race season just to see how many patch the holes with duct tape...lol :huh: :p :ph34r:

Few things bug me more than :

There is never time to do it right the first time - but there is always time to do it again :angry:

I am still mounting mine thru the bottom cause I like the way it works , screws and all

Well, then it looks like the thing is going to sit on the Fracken shelf I guess.

The UNDER HULL mounting of the strut needs to be tossed out and allowed to be mounted on back of the transome ala rigger style.

Or, for that matter, let the builder have the choise of which way the strut will ba mounted..............................

Well, then it looks like the thing is going to sit on the Fracken shelf I guess.

The UNDER HULL mounting of the strut needs to be tossed out and allowed to be mounted on back of the transome ala rigger style.

Or, for that matter, let the builder have the choise of which way the strut will ba mounted..............................
Everyone has an opinion ours just differs. Lets all vote and see what happens.

With the strut issue being what it is maybe its best as its own proposal. I dont see that as foolish.

Grim

O wait Carl you answered ur own question quote al a rigger style. Now imagine putting those hydro struts back under the transom Food for thought

It's Not flipping rigger style to mount a strut on the transom, Geeze. Monos have them mounted on the transom. The fullsize hulls have had them mouted on the transom since the late 70's.

With the strut issue being what it is maybe its best as its own proposal. I dont see that as foolish.

Grim
No tabling it would be foolish which was the direction it was heading. Now we're looking at it to be addressed at the same time but as a separate proposal which is good. Let's get all the cards out on the table, get it done so we can put a fork in it and move on to the next crisis. ;)

Grim
No tabling it would be foolish which was the direction it was heading. Now we're looking at it to be addressed at the same time but as a separate proposal which is good. Let's get all the cards out on the table, get it done so we can put a fork in it and move on to the next crisis. ;)
The next crisis....LMAO :lol: :lol:

I propose we leave something that aint broken. I am personally in favor of the strut on the back but 11 pages of back and fourth is just like or government system.. A JOKE. Either put it to vote or move on. But hey what do i know

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps things have been lost in translation. The original rule proposal was intended to prevent what happened in the gas sport hydro class from happening to sport 20/40. See pic below.

The strut location rule change discussion came up as a secondary issue while discussing the original rule proposal on sport hydro hull design. If you want a strut on the back of the transom, great, it sounds like you will have a chance to vote on it too… Separately.

Gas Sport Hydro.jpg

thats what I said this proposal has no bias, but the aformentioned rule of strut location has a purpose.. lets not knock back the progression of hull design and lets up grade what there is to keep progress heading forward

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want the younger people to get in to the hobbie you need progresion .Sport boats should be sporty.Just my 2 cents.

Funny that you mention that... Sporty. To me, a hull like the one I posted above is anything but. To me that is a rigger design in Sheeps clothing.

Back