IMPBA Sport 20/40 2012 Rule Proposal, Author Needs Input Please

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me what a Mutt is please? Tom
gallery_128_25_554.jpg

BINGO.. the key might be "curve in one direction only"

That.. might just be it! Good thinking!

Grim
Who cares how the lines are run as long as the boat is not a skinny thing. Let the designers work within a simple rule set.

The IMPBA Fast electric rules already have this covered. i suggested we go with that for our nitro boats. (Forward riding surfaces are the ride pads not the sponson insides)

IMPBA FE Sport Hydro

General

Boat Specifications

8. The width of the bottom of the transom must be 65% or more of the width

between the forward riding surfaces. On a shovelnose hull that has a

tapered transom bottom the 65% rule will apply to the hull bottom at a

point three a one half inches forward of the transom.

Last edited by a moderator:
reading more...

rule will apply to the hull bottom at a point three a? (im thinking you wanted to say "and") one half inches forward of the transom.

What size hull?

I AM.. a designer and want to understand...... thats all..

Grim

reading more...

rule will apply to the hull bottom at a point three a? (im thinking you wanted to say "and") one half inches forward of the transom.

What size hull?

I AM.. a designer and want to understand...... thats all..

Grim
Im not saying anything, thats out of the rule book, yes I think it should be "and"

Phil.. I just did.. thats an Autocad drawing..

That boat is....

"The width of the bottom of the transom must be 65% or more of the width between the forward riding surfaces"

just want to make sure I dont design myself into a corner. thats all..

Grim

Phil.. I just did.. thats an Autocad drawing..

That boat is....

"The width of the bottom of the transom must be 65% or more of the width between the forward riding surfaces"

just want to make sure I dont design myself into a corner. thats all..

Grim
that rule covers all size sport electric boats you are thinking ridepad width, not sponson inside like we had it earlier this year?

that 3 1/2 inch from transom applies to roundnose boats that would have tapered transoms

So 11 inch wide ride pads would have to have a 7.15 inch wide transom

The Supersport45 has 11 inch pads and 10.5 transom

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, here's an idea: Bottom of the transom must be the same width as between the sponsons.

One way to keep us racing full bodied three pointers, instead of making it a race to the bottom (race to the skinniest). I'm not of the opinion that what has been going on in Sport Gas is wonderfull!

This thread is very long I didnt feel like going through them all... Did anyone decide what would happen to the boats that are currently built but are illegal as per the new rules?

Thanks

Dave there are rules in place right now. We just want to make sure any changes are clear with no issues for current legal boats.

OK Mikey, now the big question, I am building a Whip for for one of our club members, Do I keep the strut UNDER the hull, or can I hang

it off the back Like a Rigger, or FE Sport 40 boat if you will? Yes, I know what it states in the rule book, but with things being bantered around a such

I am at a stopping point and need info.

Carl

OK Mikey, now the big question, I am building a Whip for for one of our club members, Do I keep the strut UNDER the hull, or can I hang

it off the back Like a Rigger, or FE Sport 40 boat if you will? Yes, I know what it states in the rule book, but with things being bantered around a such

Carl
Carl why would you want the strut on the back? the boat was designed for under hull mounting. If you want a transom mounted strut choice, wait for the rule vote and vote.

Carl
The strut rule will not be part of this proposal. It will be separate,if you want to build a legal boat put it under as the manufacturer suggests I always mount the brackets to the transom,if you do this and a rule gets proposed and passes all you need to do is fill those holes..... The revisions have been passed on.

Carl
The strut rule will not be part of this proposal. It will be separate,if you want to build a legal boat put it under as the manufacturer suggests I always mount the brackets to the transom,if you do this and a rule gets proposed and passes all you need to do is fill those holes..... The revisions have been passed on.
Why not? To spend all this time and effort to revise the rules and not include this is foolish at the very least.

Why you don't put the strut rule on this proposal.

I send a rule proposal to my district director and he told me that my proposal would be sent to the person who is in charge of sport 40 rule changes. If you are the person you must consider any proposal and make a vote on it.

They are many member that need this change, that the IMPBA cannot by pass it. We don't want to make a other change next year on this class. The best is to make all rule change at the same time and don't repeat all the process each year.

Thanks!

Back