IMPBA Rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Oxidean

Gentlemen forgive me,

The new rules in the rooster tail confuse me a bit..

I was told there would still be 19-turn motor classes, but they would all be switched to 2s lipo, but the rules only state an N-2 with no motor limit, but at the bottom there's a page on teching a 19-turm motor?

Can anyone shed any light?

In the rule book, it has the N1 classes and states that they are 6 cell sub "C" cells.

On the ballot it says that the "N" classes will change to 1.2 to 7.4 Volts - LIPOS included.

The ballot only show the changes that will be made NOT the full rule book.

So if the vote is passed it will be N1 - 2 cell lipo, or 6 Sub "C"

DID anyone use Lipo's at the SAWS in N1??????

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
In the rule book, it has the N1 classes and states that they are 6 cell sub "C" cells.On the ballot it says that the "N" classes will change to 1.2 to 7.4 Volts - LIPOS included.

Larry
Larry,

No 2 cell lipo's have been used for SAW's in Valdosta for N-1 class . I'm looking forward to the change and to see the results . :D :D

Ol' Reed

In the rule book, it has the N1 classes and states that they are 6 cell sub "C" cells.On the ballot it says that the "N" classes will change to 1.2 to 7.4 Volts - LIPOS included.

Larry
I used lipo to bump the LA NAMBA SAWS record, and it got me nearly 3mph!

Darrin Jordan set his 2-lap record with lipo as well

Both Darrin, and I are testing the concept..

Bill

How are the Stock brushless motors working out??

Better or equal to the 27T stock?

Larry

Just to clear a few things on the fast electric voting ballot:

The entire FE rules are published in the December 2008 Roostertail stating on page 10 to page 27 and this is what you are voting on the entire rules.

The N class will cover the voltage range of 1.2 to 7.4 volts which is on page 11.

The Sport Outboard Tunnel page 19, for records will use a 19 turn (P class) or 27 turn (N class) rebuildable motor. For general club fun and heat racing other motor types are allowed. This is the reason for including the ‘How to tech a Paradox’ rebuildable motor.

Non records such as the 1/10 scale crackerbox may also use the 27 turn motor or R.O.A.R 05 can motors. Then there also LSH and LSO which use the 700 series of motors.

Hope this helps.

Randall

Regarding the IMPBA rule change proposal. I think it is a very bad policy to include a wide variety of changes into one change proposal, and make it an all-or-nothing decision for the members. I am in agreement with many of the rule changes in the proposal, but I strongly disagree with a couple. There should be a way to vote on them individually.

The Sport Outboard Tunnel page 19, for records will use a 19 turn (P class)
Holy smokes. Anybody ever tried that? Might have to invent a whole new geared outboard to pull that off. I swear I remember Dennis having an outboard with a Hughey gear drive bolted on there.

Back