Illegal racing lane change

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAllen

I captured this sequence during the Brandon races today, 3/23/19. Racing will scratch your boat.
dateposted

Jim Allen,
We're you at the Brandon pond yesterday?
Here today?
Yeh, the Miss US is one of my rookie race partners. For sure a bad move. I seem to have created a boat that is faster than the driver is.
We ARE going to work on getting him some pond time

I wasn't really trying to highlight your driver, I just thought it was a cool photo sequence to share. No bad wishes for your driver, I'm a new guy too. Stuff happens, it happened so fast I didn't see what caused it, hooked an edge or something, I just held down the shutter button and got the money shot.

Yeah, I'm not the machinist Jim Allen that makes everything to within a nanometer of perfect. I'm a new guy who shoots some photos and is working on a few boats to run.

Good stuff,
I have a series of photo's that was taken at the fall nat's a few years back.
That same maneuver was put on me. I kept going, the lane changer ended up, upside down.

So, my question is, not seeing what happened prior to or after the pictures, were either boat penalized for the "incident"? I have seen it go three ways, depending on who's the CD calling the heat so, needless to say, I'm curious:cool:

So no penalty in this case, due to the offending boat going down. I have no problem with that.
I've seen the same thing, as stated above, called three ways, depending on the CD:
  • boat from the inside was penalized for a lane infraction
  • boat from the outside was penalized for a lane infraction
  • neither boat penalized due to the "that's racing" unwritten rules some like to use
Granted, many times it's a judgement call and, having been on the mic many times over the past few years, it's very rare that everyone is happy with any call made. Then again, we all have to live with calls we don't like and have to remember, "That's Racing" :eek:

I wish I had chosen a different title for this post, my title was tongue in cheek, I don't know that it was an illegal lane change, more like a violent, sudden direction change. I have no idea if it was a complete hardware failure, driver error or what. I wouldn't Monday morning quarterback the driver. Stuff happens, I wish both driv

No MMQB here either. I was just curious as to how it was ruled since I've seen people interpret the rules in different ways. I just like the fact that there was no major damage to either boat.

Back